1 We Love Our Youth1 program a big success
- Black History Month resolutions: Fifth graders construct their heritage. Shanahan, Timothy; Robinson, Bonita // Reading Teacher;May94, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p660
Describes how children learn to communicate in society through reading and writing. Power of reading and writing that connects us with our heritage; Students' dislike for history; Reader's identification with historical figures; Black History Month as a celebration of cultural heritage;...
- Alma John Scholarship benefit show. // New York Amsterdam News;2/11/95, Vol. 86 Issue 6, p23
Announces a dinner show in celebration of the 1995 Black History Month sponsored by the Friends of Alma Nomsa John, RN organization. Featured guests; Contact information.
- Comptroller John Liu to celebrate African-American achievements. Banjoko, Kimberley // New York Amsterdam News;2/18/2010, Vol. 101 Issue 8, p40
The article reports that New York City Comptroller John Liu will pay tribute to the success of people of color in the U.S. to align with the African-American History Month.
- Paying tribute. // Black Enterprise;Feb1987, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p9
Editorial. Black History Month is a time when all of America should pay tribute to Black Americans who have made contributions that have enriched our society. Black entrepreneurs are recognized by the Chivas Regal Young Entrepreneurs Awards program.
- African-American Read-In Chain. // Children Today;1994, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p4
Focuses on the nationwide African-American Read-In Chain, one of the activities of Black History Month in February 1994. The message--Read-In, Reach-Out, Read-On; Participation of libraries; Address for further information.
- Celebrate! Chambers, Gordon; Gregory, Deborah // Essence (Essence);Feb1993, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p30
Announces that February marks the official celebration of Black History Month and gives details of ways to revel in black culture. Children's books; `Songs of My People,' photography exhibit; `Black Women in America,' encyclopedia edited by Darlene Clark Hine; Contact points.
- What's goin' on? Christmas, Rachel Jackson // Essence (Essence);Feb1994, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p112
Highlights the events and activities during the Black History Month in February, 1994. Jomandi Productions' `Julius Caesar'; Debut of the International Human Rights Gallery in Birmingham, Alabama; Chicago's Museum of Science and Industry's Black Creativity 1994; Opening of the Hue-Man...
- Mingo Group ad agency chooses `Ebony' to promote the Barnett-Aden Collection. // Jet;2/11/91, Vol. 79 Issue 17, p14
Reports on the decision by the Mingo Group, a New York ad agency, to promote Black History Month by publishing selected art from the Barnett-Aden Collection, An African-American Odyssey, in the February issue of `Ebony.' Description of collection; Comments from sponsors.
- Bush holds White House ceremony for Black History Month. // Jet;3/11/91, Vol. 79 Issue 21, p6
Recounts the White House ceremony celebrating Black History Month, hosted by President George Bush, at which Gen. Colin Powell, the first black chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, received a standing ovation.