Rain, Snow, and Sleet Are Just Different Types of Precipitation
- MILESTONES. // Education Week;10/3/1990, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p3
The article presents the obituary for education expert Robert L. Thorndike.
- Obtaining a picture of undergraduate education quality: a voice from inside the university. Tang, Chia-Wei; Wu, Cheng-Ta // Higher Education;Sep2010, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p269
This study aims to construct ranking indicators from the perspective inside of the university and shift the ranking target from overall university quality to undergraduate education quality. In dealing with the complexity of the concept of undergraduate education quality, two-stage questionnaire...
- Executive Education: A View From the Top. Doh, Jonathan P.; Stumpf, Stephen A. // Academy of Management Learning & Education;Sep2007, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p388
After a period of retrenchment from 2001-2003, executive education (EE) has grown rapidly for several years (BusinessWeek, 2006). Many business schools invest in executive education to generate funds for faculty research and development, internal operations, or to provide faculty members with...
- Rain Man or Pied Piper? Moving Business Schools Beyond Media Rankings with Mass Customization and Stakeholder Education. Glick, William H. // Academy of Management Perspectives;Feb2008, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p18
The author comments on the article "The Rain Man Cometh-Again," by Robert Zemsky in the February 2008 issue of "Academy of Management Perspectives." He comments that business schools frequently participate in ranking of universities conducted by the media and suggests ranking systems are...
- The Role of Bayesian Concepts in Test Development and Test Interpretation. Thorndike, Robert L. // Journal of Counseling & Development;Sep86, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p54
Introduces articles written by Robert L. Thorndike on Bayesian thinking for the "Journal of Counseling and Development."
- PROGRAMS RANKED BEST BY BUSINESS SCHOOL DEANS AND M.B.A. PROGRAM DIRECTORS. // U.S. News & World Report;May2009, Vol. 146 Issue 4, p68
This article lists the U.S. business school programs ranked best by business school deans and program directors, including the accounting program at the University of Texas at Austin, the information systems program at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), and the nonprofit program at...
- A campus where you would love to study. William, Tony // Education Insider;Mar2013, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p60
The article focuses on Presidency College located in Karnataka, India. The institute was established in 2000 under the leadership of Chairman Nissar Ahmed and was ranked as the top business school affiliated to Bangalore University, India. The school promotes a multi-cultural environment and...
- Region fails to make the grade. WRITER, STAFF // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;12/2/2011, Vol. 55 Issue 48, p32
The article discusses the state of education in various parts of the Middle East. It has been stated that Alexandria University in Egypt and Iran's Sharif University of Technology are the only two institutions of the region featured in the list of the world's 400 leading universities of the...
- Mech-Tech provides best education for job opportunities. HUMBERT, SEBASTIAN // Caribbean Business;2/19/2015, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p26
The article focuses on Mech-Tech College in Puerto Rico which has been ranked by the National Coalition of Certification Centers as among the top occupational schools in the U.S. and has expanded in the U.S. and Latin America to provide quality education.