NTIA Loses Topper -- Again
- Help Wanted, Again: NTIA Chief Splitting. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;3/3/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 9, p26
The article reports that Meredith Atwell Baker, acting National Telecommunications & Information head in the U.S., is getting ready to leave. According to sources, Baker was exiting because she was not going to be nominated to replace John Kneuer as full-time head of the agency. A source...
- Gallagher expected to step down from NTIA in early '06. // RCR Wireless News;12/26/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 52, p9
The article reports on the plan of U.S. National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) head Michael Gallagher to leave the agency in 2006. Gallagher was confirmed to the post in November 2004 after serving as deputy administrator of the NTIA since August 2003. He was a key...
- NTIA's Larry Irving will leave top job. Hatch, David // Electronic Media;08/09/99, Vol. 18 Issue 32, p2
Reports on United States National Telecommunications & Information Administration head Larry Irving's announcement of his resignation. Irving as the first Afro-American to head the agency; White House's nomination of Senate Democratic staffer Greg Rhode as replacement; Irving's emphasis on...
- Another Indian-American Leaves Obama Administration. DUTT, ELA // News India Times;03/09/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p4
The article announces the resignation of Parita Shah, an Indian-American senior official assigned at the U.S. Department of Commerce, to look for other opportunities in the private sector.
- Commish Bolts for Comcast. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;5/16/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 20, p2
The article focuses on issues concerning the departure of Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Republican commissioner Meredith Attwell Baker to become a government-affairs executive at Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal (NBCU) Inc. It says that Baker have decided to resign four months following...
- Connor of Allied. // Time;2/3/1967, Vol. 89 Issue 5, p76
The article reports that John T. Connor, former secretary of the U.S. Department of Commerce, has chosen Allied Chemical Corp. as his next venture. It states that the secretary has resigned from public office because felt left out of major economic decisions. It notes that Connor has been...
- Commerce Dept.'s Glas Stepping Down. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/29/2014, Vol. 207 Issue 108, p10
The article announces the planned resignation of Kim Glas, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Textiles, Consumer Goods, and Materials at the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Victory to leave NTIA even as agency gets more funding. Weaver, Heather Forsgren; Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;7/14/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 28, p1
Reports on the resignation of Nancy Victory as assistant secretary for information and administration of the U.S. Department of Commerce in July 2003. Reason for her resignation; Issues regarding the proposed reorganization of the National Telecommunications and Information Administration.
- Telecommunications grants now available. // AHA News;1/16/95, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p5
Reports on the telecommunications grants available from the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) and Department of Commerce (DOC).