Verizon's Swinging For Extra Innings
- 'Extra Innings' Negotiations Play On. Thomas Umstead, R. // Multichannel News;4/2/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p4
The article reports that Major League Baseball (MLB) and In Demand LLC are finalizing the details of the deal for the cable company to distribute the league's "MLB Extra Innings" out-of-market game package in the U.S. MLB gave In Demand a March 31, 2007 deadline to match DirecTV's seven-year,...
- ESPN wins radio deal. // Electronic Media;09/22/97, Vol. 16 Issue 39, p38
Announces that ESPN won Major League Baseball's radio contract. How ESPN won contract; Who failed to won contract.
- Miller's mythology. Miller, Marvin; O'Brien, Richard // Sports Illustrated;12/09/96, Vol. 85 Issue 24, p22
Opinion. Asserts that baseball players in Major League Baseball gave up too many things in the November 1996 agreement with baseball owners. Five myths that the author feels pervaded the negotiations.
- Baseball's bogus basic agreement. Barrett, Wayne M. // USA Today Magazine;Mar97, Vol. 125 Issue 2622, p51
Opinion. Criticizes the five-year basic agreement between baseball players and owners, signed before the 1997 season. Interleague play; An answer to the claim that more money for players' salaries leads to better baseball teams
- MLB, ESPN can't agree. Donohue, Steve // Electronic Media;05/31/99, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p32
Reports on the continuation of the contract dispute between Major League Baseball and ESPN cable television network. Parties' preparation for a court trial; Filing of a counter-suit by MLB; Breach of contract complaint filed by ESPN; Historical background of the dispute; MLB push to force ESPN...
- The City That Said No to Baseball. Williamson, Richard // Bondbuyer.com;9/29/2014, p15
The article discusses how the Phoenix, Arizona of Chandler rejected pleas to invest 14 million U.S. dollars in a Major League Baseball spring training facility while other Phoenix suburbs were in bidding wars for the teams in the "Cactus League." Topics discussed include the conversion of the...
- HTN Communications renews services for MLB Network's ballpark cam system. // Broadcast Engineering Exclusive Insight;4/4/2012, p8
The article reports on the announcement by HTN Communications LLC of the renewal of its contract with the Major League Baseball Network to provide comprehensive fiber backhaul services for the network's Emmy Award-nominated Ballpark Cam system.
- Monterrey Bids for Major League Baseball. // Business Mexico;Sep2003, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p12
Reports that a group led by Monterrey businessman Carlos Breme has submitted a bid to Major League Baseball to host the Montreal Expos home games in the 2004 season. Difficulty in moving a team from a first-world Canadian city to Mexico; Joint venture with Monterrey Mayor Felipe Cantu;...
- TRIBE FANS ARE DIALED IN. KLEPS, KEVIN // Crain's Cleveland Business;4/21/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 16, p0001
The article discusses the Wi-Fi and cellular networks launched by the Major League Baseball team Cleveland Indians during its home opener in Ohio on April 4, 2014. Topics covered include the low probability of receiving or sending text messages or phone calls before the 2014 season, the...