- Interactivity in TV's digital age. Zdepski, Joel // Broadcast Engineering;Dec98, Vol. 40 Issue 14, p83
Explores key issues related to the development of interactive television. Changes required by the transition to interactive broadcasting; Consumer demand for interactivity; Potentials of interactive television as a revenue source; Technical requirements and infrastructure.
- Testing interactive services. Hall // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Nov99, Issue 302, p16
Focuses on the testing of the transport protocols or conveying interactive television services. Data broadcasting profiles defining the method of encapsulating data; Mechanism for transportation of data network protocols.
- Searching for the killer application. // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Oct2002, Issue 330, p15
Discusses the efforts of television broadcasting companies to develop a 'killer application' to solve all problems related to interactive television broadcasts across the digital television world. Lack of an application that could solve all the problems; Broadcasting companies trying to develop...
- A plumber's guide to interactive TV. Benady, David; Wilkinson, Amanda // Marketing Week;3/23/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p16
Reports on broadcasters' plan to develop a standard for interactive television advertisements, as discussed at the TV 2000 conference in Lisbon, Portugal. Absence of an industry standard for interactive ads on satellite channels; Other television broadcasting-related topics discussed at the...
- Interactive TV. Pizzi, Skip // Broadcast Engineering;Aug97, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p34
Provides information on interactive television (ITV) technology. Companies that failed to launched ITV; Technical processes that affects the delivery of ITV services.
- Read About ITV, But Filter Out Hype. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;04/23/2001 Supplement, Vol. 22, p3A
Introduces articles published in the April 23, 2001, interactive television supplement to 'Multichannel News' magazine. Author's skepticism and frustration concerning the interactive television business (ITV); Comparison of the success of ITV in Great Britain and the United States; Prospects...
- Broadcast ITV Can Be Beautiful. Yates, Alan // Multichannel News;11/25/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 47, p45
Focuses on the growing popularity of interactive television (ITV) in 2003. Points which multiservice operators can keep in mind to maximize the benefits offered by interactive television; Year in which the first ITV service was launched in the U.S.; Number of digital-cable subscribers in the...
- Mobile TV Gets Worldwide Focus. Pursell, Chris // Television Week;4/16/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 16, p3
The article provides information on the focus of the 2007 MIP TV international television programming show in Cannes, France on the mobile television market. According to the article, programming sales will always be a prominent part of the MIP TV international television market, but with the...
- Production lines. Venes, Rob // New Media Age;2/13/2003, p31
Discusses the opportunities offered by interactive television (iTV) for television production companies in Great Britain. Contributions of television broadcasters and advertising agencies to the growth of iTV; Impact of the increasing interactive services on the interactivity efforts of...