MALONE'S NEXT FOE: NAB
- Straight Talk from John Malone. Malone, John // Multichannel News;6/8/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 23, p23
An interview with John Malone, liberty media chairman of the DirecTV Inc., is presented. Malone asserts that the function of a buyer and a seller is very complex. He thinks that the growth rate of the country's broadcasting industry will decline if the government will not continues to create new...
- BREAKING. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/15/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 46, p6
Presents news briefs on the television broadcasting industry in the U.S. as of November 2004. Concerns over the decision of Liberty Media chairman John Malone to purchase a percentage of share in Rupert Murdoch's News Corp.; Action taken by CBS News against a news producer who cut into the...
- SWITCHOVER MEDIA IS ON TARGET. Lisanti, Tony // License! Global;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p66
The article features Switchover Media, a Rome, Italy-based independent broadcaster and player in kids television. Reflecting the switch from analog to digital television sets, It is stated that Switchover was formed in July 2009 with leveraged buyout of Jetix Italy from The Walt Disney Company...
- DirecTV Adds More Local Channels. // Satellite Today;10/14/2005, Vol. 4 Issue 200, pN.PAG
The article reports on the plan of DirecTV to add local channels in Minnesota and Ohio to its lineup before the end of 2005. Adding channels in Mankato, Minnesota and and Zanesville, Ohio, will bring DirecTV's local offerings to 137 designated market areas covering 93 percent of U.S. households.
- MLB Deal a Warmup Pitch for DirecTV. Gibbons, Ken // Multichannel News;3/19/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p16
The article reports on the agreement of DirecTV and the Major Leaque Baseball about the subscription of out-of-market game package in the U.S. The real season for DirecTV and for EchoStar's Dish Network starts in the fall when the television purchases pick up and National Football League games...
- DirecTV, Playboy Spice Up Adult PPV. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;5/12/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p23
The article reports on the plans of DirecTV Inc. to offer subscribers the chance to purchase five Playboy-owned PPV services on an a la carte basis, or to receive the group for one set price. In the year 2002, the direct-broadcast satellite provider began offering subscribers access to Playboy...
- Talkback. Monroe, Jeremy; Truax, Troy // Multichannel News;6/8/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 23, p22
Two letters to the editor are presented in response to the articles that were published in the 2009 issues including "Straight Talk from Liberty Media Chairman John Malone" in the June 2 issue and "DirecTV Inc. 101's Fresh Look" in the June 11 issue.
- DirecTV Is Now Malone's TV. Moss, Linda; Steinert-Threlkeld, Tom; Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/3/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p3
The article reports developments regarding the involvement of John Malone, Liberty Media's chairman, in DirecTV Inc., the largest satellite operator in the U.S. Upon Malone's participation, DirecTV will focus on video enhancement, particularly on high definition TV (HDTV), in order to compete...
- DirecTV Goes Local. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;09/20/99, Vol. 9 Issue 35, p8
Reports on the plans of DirecTV to carry local broadcasts signals in October 1999. Plans of the company to expand to 60 markets; Challenges faced by the satellite operator; Views of analysts on the move.