ESPN's First-Place Finish
- Network in decline. Branch, Andrew // World (0888157X);8/8/2015, Vol. 30 Issue 16, p64
The article offers information on various aspects related to cable television company ESPN. Topics discussed include the resignation of the sports commentator Keith Olbermann from the company, the decline of satellite and cable subscribers from the network, and political and moral advocacy of...
- Healthy Change:. // CableFAX Daily;7/19/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 138, p2
The article presents information on the Discovery Health Media Ent, a new integrated multi-platform business which was formed by Discovery. Discovery Health, FitTV, and Discovery Health On-Call, a new standalone video on demand service, are included in the new unit. On-Call will include video...
- FREEZE FRAME. // Multichannel News;5/21/2012, Issue 21, p83
Photographs of highlights from several events related to the cable television industry in the U.S. are presented including the Broadband Cable Association of Pennsylvania's Cable Academy event, Telemundo's New York upfront, the e Weather Channel's 30th anniversary party.
- TRANSLATION PLEASE: Your 2012 Cable Show Jargon Descrambler. ELLIS, LESLIE // Multichannel News;5/21/2012, Issue 21, p88
The article offers information on the 2012 Cable Show in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Bouncing Into Boston. // Multichannel News;5/21/2012, Issue 21, p91
The author discusses the 2012 Cable Show, offering updates to companies in the cable television industry in the U.S.
- Content Economics Could Play In Cable's Favor. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;5/28/2012, Issue 22, p22
The article reports on the impact of the U.S. economic problems on the ratings of cable television (TV) programmers to over-the-top TV services.
- stat snapshot. // Multichannel News;11/18/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 44, p39
The article presents a bar graph depicting growth in video-on-demand viewing for cable networks in America from October 2012 to September 2013, along with a table depicting America's top 20 original cable movies for the same period.
- GENERAL-ENTERTAINMENT NETWORKS STILL SHOW BROAD APPEAL. HAUGSTED, LINDA // Multichannel News;10/15/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 41, p33
The article reports that majority of digital cable viewers in the U.S. rank general entertainment networks among their top destinations, according to the "Digital Cable Subscriber Study" conducted by Beta Research Corp. The respondents gave top marks to NFL Network, TV One and the Tennis Channel...
- Cable's Online Opportunity. Dykes, Bob // Broadcasting & Cable;5/12/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 19, p28
The author reflects on the strategies that the cable television industry must undertake to continue to prosper amid the rapidly changing realities of today's global business environment. He emphasizes that cable network operations must engage in many advanced service offerings such as Internet...