GOING WHOLE HOG FOR BASEBALL
- Ratings swing for the fences. Dempsey, John // Variety;5/17/2004, Vol. 395 Issue 1, p20
Reports on the performance of the Major League Baseball Nielsen ratings in the U.S. Average rating of the television coverage of baseball games; Increase in the ratings in individual markets of the baseball teams; Reasons for the increase in ratings.
- Revved up over what's on the box. // Autosport;8/22/2013, p101
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of buying a smart television (TV) with a BT Sport subscription.
- PLAYOFF TIME. // Boys' Life;Oct2002, Vol. 92 Issue 10, p6
Announces the schedule of the television coverage of baseball's Division Series, Championship Series and the 2002 World Series.
- The Mechanics of a Baseball Broadcast. KAAT, JIM // Popular Mechanics;Apr99, Vol. 176 Issue 4, p76
Focuses on the mechanics of the television broadcasting of baseball games. Visiting the New York Yankees stadium; Crew of MSG Network; Locations of the cameras.
- Baseball ratings slide. // Daily Variety;05/10/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 51, p8
Reports the decrease of the television ratings of professional baseball games in Japan.
- BLACKMAGIC TERANEX PLAYS BALL IN VENEZUELA. // Digital Video;Jun2015, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p39
The article reports on the outside broadcasting (OB) truck built by Venezuelan production and television station Promar TV to broadcast the Liga Venezolana de Beisbol Profesional (LVBP), the professional baseball league in South America.
- VALUE OF THE GAME. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p1B
Examines the relationship between sporting events and the cable industry and the high level of influence each has on the other. Domination of cable or broadcast networks in telecast rights of major U.S. sports; Consistent viewership ratings enjoyed by sporting events; High costs of acquisition...
- PASS making charge to become a free channel. Gargaro, Paul // Crain's Detroit Business;11/18/96, Vol. 12 Issue 47, p36
Reports on efforts by PASS Sports' to convert its paid programming to free basic services in the Michigan and Ohio territory. Renegotiation of some of its affiliate agreements; Terms and conditions as they relate to the agreement Comments from PASS General Manager Jeff Genther.
- Cox Tips Hornets-Centered Net In N'awlins. Umstead, R Thomas // Multichannel News;10/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p14
Reports on deals of the regional sports network Cox Sports Television, slated to launch on October 28, 2002 with several television networks. Terms of the agreement of the network with the ESPN channel to provide college-sports events and news programming; Plans of the network regarding its...