NAT GEO MAKES IT OFFICIAL
- Schiffman Starts Nat GEO 'Balancing Act' Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;8/19/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 33, p18
Focuses on the job description for executive vice president of marketing Steve Schiffman of National Geographic Channel company in the U.S. Creation of brand identity into the network; Previous works of Schiffman at the Weather Channel; Consistency of message across different target groups of...
- Schiffman Crafts NGC Strategy. Wiener, Lauren // Brandweek;9/2/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 31, p22
Features Steve Schiffman, who has a marketing position at the National Geographic Channel Worldwide. Plan for to boost the company's progress; Responsibilities and tasks; Educational and professional background.
- News Corp. shifts execs. DEMPSEY, JOHN // Daily Variety;3/27/2007, Vol. 294 Issue 62, p4
The article announces that News Corp. has promoted Laureen Ong as the chief operating officer of the Hong Kong-based Star, David Haslingden to CEO of the National Geographic Channel, United States and Steve Schiffman to acting general manager of the Nat Geo Channel.
- Freeze Frame. // Multichannel News;5/31/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 22, p16
Photographs of several participants of various events related to the cable television industry in the U.S. including Larry Satkowiak, Brian Lamb and Steve Schiffman.
- Movers. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;3/10/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p18
The article discusses the career development of executives working in the mass media industry. Susan Rerat was named vice president of Conde Nast Bridal Media's Brides.com. Steve Schiffman has become general manager and executive vice president of the National Geographic Channel. Tony Dunaif was...
- Q & A. Liesse, Julie // Advertising Age;1/31/2011, Vol. 82 Issue 5, p11
As part of a special advertising section, an interview is presented with Steve Schiffman, President of the National Geographic Channel cable television network. Schiffman states that the National Geographic brand is the most important part of the network's success. He discusses the multimedia...
- National Geo Ready to Spin Brand Into Gold. Friedman, Wayne // Television Week;10/20/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 42, p15
Reports on the plan of National Geographic Channel to improve its brand image in the U.S. Main problem of the cable network; Remarks from executive Steve Schiffman on the plan; Improvement in the advertising at the channel.
- NatGeo Stocking Up on Nature, History. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;4/16/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 16, p10
The article focuses on the programming operations of National Geographic Channel. The channel has given the green light to four new series and specials that adhere to the National Geographic mission of exploring history and nature. NatGeo, a joint venture of Fox Cable Networks and National...
- IN BRIEF. // Multichannel News;6/28/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 26, p30
The article announces the promotions of several people in the television broadcasting industry such as executive vice president Steve Schiffman as president of the National Geographic Channel (NGC) and Jeff Matteson as senior vice president (SVP) and Misty Skedgell as SVP of corporate...