Bitter Smith Eyes Congress
- STAYING CONNECTED. Eisinger, Jane // Association Management;Oct2001, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p62
Interviews Susan Bitter Smith, recipient of the American Society of Association Executives 2001 Key Award and executive director of the Arizona Cable Telecommunications Association. Contribution to the telecommunications association; Professional commitments; Strategy for addressing...
- Hans Riemer. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Oct/Nov2003, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p19
Profiles Hans Riemer, political and issues director of the Rock the Vote organization in Washington, D.C. Career background; Favorite movies; Best moment in a political campaign.
- Time management. // Association Management;Jan1998, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p23
Looks at time management, with reference to three former chief elected officers of the American Society of Association Executives time management strategies. Comments from the former chief elected officers, Susan Bitter Smith, Neil Milner and Quicalee Brown.
- ISN COUNCIL 2005â€“2011 ELECTIONS. Barsoum, Rashad // Kidney International;Mar2005, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p1204
The article provides information on the upcoming elections for councilors of the International Society of Nephrology. Seven Councilors will end their term by June 2005. The procedure for filling these vacancies includes three steps. First, the Nominating Committee is to propose three names per...
- On their own. Stanglin, Douglas; Eddings, Jerelyn // U.S. News & World Report;10/7/96, Vol. 121 Issue 14, p11
Reports that Bob Dole's campaign is farming out to the Young Republicans and the College Republicans the bulk of its effort to turn out the youth vote for the Republican Party. Possible motive to save money; Plans of the Young Republicans to send youthful protesters to Clinton rallies.
- The Philadelphia Story. Treglia, Sean P. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Dec99/Jan2000, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p20
Recounts the efforts of the Philadelphia Compact, a group of citizens from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, in standing up for a mayoral election free of personal attacks. Atmosphere during the 1999 elections; What other cities in the United States can learn from the group; History; Information on...
- RIBA blames polling body for ballot delay. // Building Design;4/12/2002, Issue 1528, p3
Reports that RIBA is blaming the independent polling body Electoral Reform Society for the delay of the ballot distribution. Argument of RIBA; Candidates for the institute's 2002 presidential election.
- briefs. // Australian Nursing Journal;Nov2001, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p11
Presents news briefs on issues related to the health care industry of Australia as of November 2001. Lack of national standards for health data collection on prisoners in the country; Election information kit released by the Friends of Medicare; Name change of the Nursing Mothers' Association...
- New Hampshire: Steering away from strategy stories. Wolff, C.W. // Columbia Journalism Review;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the first in a series of citizen/candidate fora organized by a consortium of New Hampshire media called Voters' Voice. Goal of refocusing coverage of political election campaigns; Funding from the Citizens Election Project of the Pew Center for Civic Journalism; Stanley Cloud as...