DirecTV Loves Its Cable Jokes
- Les Is More Vocal on CBS's Retrans Talks. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;9/15/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 36, p32
The article reports on the retransmission consent deals of CBS Broadcasting Inc. with major cable distributors in the U.S. Chief executive officer (CEO) Les Moonves is hopeful that the company could ask for additional 25 cents per month on distribution services. CBS has 25 deals with other...
- freeze frame. // Multichannel News;4/14/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 15, p16
Photographs of several executives from the cable television industry in the U.S., including Oprah Winfrey, Marjorie Kaplan, and Kristina Sweet, are presented.
- IN BRIEF. // Multichannel News;8/23/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p62
The article offers news briefs related to executives in the cable television industry in the U.S. including the death of General Communication Inc. (GCI) executive Dana Tindall in a place crash in Alaska, the resignation of Gary Traver as senior vice president (SVP) and chief operating officer...
- Comcast: Our HD Looks Best. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;5/7/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 19, p12
The article reports on the launching of a series of advertising campaigns by Comcast Corp. which depicts the result of a poll that indicates that the company delivers a better high definition (HD) image than DirecTV Inc. or Dish Network in the U.S. The campaigns also criticize the claim of...
- Operators' Hispanic Strategies. Winslow, George // Multichannel News;9/29/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 36, pA8
The article discusses the multichannel video program distributors for targeting U.S. Hispanic populations. The topics discussed include Comcast's' on demand Hispanic television programs available at Xfinity TV Latino, major Hispanic markets for Dish Networks, and Hispanic video packages from...
- RUNG BY RUNG.... Grebb, Michael // CableFAX Magazine;Nov2012, p4
The article offers the author's insights on the increased influence of women in the cable industry. The author says that women have been helping their colleagues to succeed in the industry. He mentions the questionnaires sent to the Most Powerful Women, which resulted in great responses such as...
- Four Ways to Navigate Change. Seltzer, Liz // Multichannel News;7/6/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 24, p31
The article presents suggestions for managers to empower effective leadership with the evolution of multi-system operator (MSO) from cable providers to broadband service providers including view challenges as an opportunity, encourage team and identify positive things.
- FREEZE FRAME. // Multichannel News;3/24/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p24
Several photographs are presented depicting several executives in the cable television industry in the U.S. including Mathilde Krim, Craig Watson, and Steve Villano.
- Sean Cohan. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;7/16/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 29, p11
The article features Sean Cohan, senior president at A&E Television Networks. He discusses how he overcame prejudicial treatment from executives in the international pay TV market due to his young age. Cohan has been promoted three times within his three-year tenure at the company. He talks...