DirecTV Is Now Malone's TV
- DirecTV Starting To Launch Nets In High-Definition. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;9/24/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 38, p2
The article reports on DirecTV's plan to have several networks in high definition by the end of September 2007 in the United States. The company reveals that there would be more than 70 high definition services launching in October 2007. The article reports that several DirecTV subscribers were...
- DirecTV, Dish Do HD, Too. // Multichannel News;7/21/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p92
Reports that DirectTV Inc., debuted an high definition television (HDTV) package on July 1, 2003. Offer of seven HDTV channels by DirectTV; Plan of DirectTV to start offering HDTV telecast of pro football games; Other channels that are interested in HDTV telecast.
- DirecTV. // Communications Technology;Jan2009, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p27
The article reports that DirecTV Inc. is now offering local high definition (HD) television programming to its customers in Texas, Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin, Indiana. The company is now also offering local HD broadcast channels in 115 cities, representing more than 87 percent of U.S. television...
- DirecTV Forges on With HD. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;4/2/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p27
The article reports that U.S.-based DirecTV Inc. chief financial officer Michael Palkovic has announced that the direct broadcast satellite company is moving ahead with plans to launch 100 high-definition television channels by the end of 2007. Palkovic conceded that some of those channels will...
- DirecTV Plans Hi-Def Impact. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;10/31/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 44, p19
This article reports on a satellite to be launched by DirecTV in November 2005. The satellite is its second in 2005. Those two satellites will enable the distributor to expand local high-definition channels in 12 top markets in 2005 and another 24 markets by the end of 2006. When it follows up...
- Working for the wow factor. Pennington, Adrian // TVB Europe;May2006, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p30
The article focuses on Surrey, England-based Arena Television's strategies in competing with its rivals in the high-definition outside broadcasting (OB) market. The company has delivered the 30-camera Unit 7 high-definition television production vehicle which features 68 input vision mixers and...
- Life on the shelf for HDTV content. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;07/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p17
Reports on high-definition television (HDTV) advocates' admission that broadcasters have lost interest in producing HDTV versions of most network programs. Factors that hinder the growth of HDTV, according to Conrad Denke, president of American production Services; Plans of ABC to use HDTV...
- HDTV innovations at NAB. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;04/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 14, p28
Focuses on the growing popularity of high-definition television (HDTV). Companies that broadcast HDTV programming; Introduction of the 24p format for HDTV; Projected market for HDTV.
- If we build it, they will come. // Broadcast Engineering;Jun2002, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p10
Comments on television broadcasting services delivered via high definition television.