Squeeze Put on Comcast
- REDEFINING NET NEUTRALITY AFTER COMCAST V. FCC. Reicher, Alexander // Berkeley Technology Law Journal;2011 Annual Review, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p733
The article focuses on the importance of mandating full internet service provider (ISP) transparency and suggests two-step analysis in identifying whether a practice is considered reasonable or unreasonable network management. It says that reasonable network management calibrates net neutrality...
- If It Looks Like Spamï¿½. MAGILL, KEN // Direct;Jun2008, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p39
The article focuses on an April 2008 decision by Judge James B. Zagel of the U.S. District Court in Northern Illinois, which upheld an Internet service provider's right to block e-mail at its discretion. The court determined that Comcast is not liable for mistakenly blocking even...
- N.Y.'s Cuomo Sues Rattner Over Pay to Play. Ackerman, Andrew // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/19/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 43, p17
The article reports that Attorney General and Governor-elect Andrew Cuomo of New York has filed lawsuits against former Quadrangle principal Steven Rattner because he believes that Rattner paid kickbacks to get 150 million dollars investment for the Quadrangle and violated the Martin Act.
- Cuomo files suit against debt-collection agencies. // Buffalo Law Journal;6/3/2010, Vol. 82 Issue 44, p4
The article reports on the move of Attorney General Andrew Cuomo to file a lawsuit against several Western New York debt-collection companies for harassing consumers through repeated threatening and obscene phone calls and making illegal calls to the consumers' employers and families.
- Cuomo has a suit he says fits BofA, Lewis and Price. // Business North Carolina;Mar2010, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p32
The article reports on a lawsuit filed by New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo against the Bank of America (BofA), its former Chief Executive Officer Ken Lewis and consumer banking head Joe Price, for their failure to disclose mounting losses on Merril Lynch relating to its acquisition by BofA.
- Tangled Web. WILLIAMSON, LAUREN // InsideCounsel;Jun2010, Vol. 21 Issue 222, p30
The article reports on the reclassification of broadband Internet access by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) as part of its National Broadband Plan and pending a final rule in the legal case Comcast Corp. v. FCC. FCC Commissioner Julius Genachowski proposes the governance of...
- Courts Rule Against FCC in Comcast Case. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;4/12/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 15, p1
The article reports on the decision of the U.S. District Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia in a case involving the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and Comcast Corp. On April 6, 2010, the appeals court ruled against the FCC after finding that it overstepped its authority...
- Court knocks out 'Brand X' case. // CED;Aug2005, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p8
Reports on the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling that cable operators are not required to open their broadband networks to competing providers. Background of the case involving an Internet service provider; U.S. Federal Communications Commission guidelines on telecommunication-supplied DSL networks;...
- N.Y. unveiled a plan. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;1/20/2015, pA02
N.Y. unveiled a plan to expand broadband Internet access to the entire state by '19. Gov. Cuomo's proposal calls for setting aside $500 mil for private broadband providers who invest a matching amount. The state would give priority to providers who guarantee faster speeds. Lawmakers must first...