Intellectual Property Theft as Blood Sport
- Hill Co. Sheriff's Office. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);8/5/2015, Vol. 28 Issue 30, p3
The article discusses several cases reported at sheriff's office in Hill County, Texas including the investigation for stolen kayaks, lost minibike and other valuable items and theft offense for the missing front door and a shotgun.
- Empirical Analysis of the Effects of Raising the Statutory Penalties for Copyright Crime on the Incidence of Crime. Ushiyama, Atsushi // Japanese Economy;Summer2009, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p78
Motivated by the successive increases in the statutory penalties for copyright crime, this study presents an empirical analysis of the effects of the statutory penalty increases adopted in 2004 on the actual incidence of copyright crime, as compared with the incidence of robbery, using...
- Cloud could help beat metal theft. // Process Engineering;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 93 Issue 2, p44
The article reports that the metal theft is costing the British economy more than 770 million pounds every year as thieves target the transport system, utilities and public buildings.
- POLICE BEAT. // West County Journal;11/9/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 45, pA2
The article offers information on several theft and offenses against property in Missouri including a stolen global positioning system (GPS) unit, stolen electronic items, and a stolen credit card and cash.
- Wheels of justice. // Lawyer;6/6/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p25
The article reports an incident wherein a man was arrested for stealing a bike in Great Britain.
- Locals must pay part of burglary repairs. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;4/15/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 90, p12
The article focuses on the theft at the town hall in Saint Armand in Bloomingdale.
- police blotter. // South County Journal;5/8/2013, Vol. 48 Issue 19, pA2
The article presents a list of several criminal incidents reported by police departments in Saint Louis, Missouri including theft of a lawn mower, theft of a motor vehicle, and braking of a motor vehicle.
- U.S. cracks down on IP theft. // R&D Magazine;Nov2004, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p38
Reports on the launch of a campaign against intellectual property (IP) theft by U.S. Attorney General John Ashcroft in October 2004. Recommendations from a report on IP theft released by a Department of Justice (DoJ)-appointed IP Task Force; List of U.S. cities where the U.S. will expand its...
- Prevent intellectual property theft. Epstein, Eve // InfoWorld;06/26/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 26, p139
Provides tips for start-up electronic commerce companies about preventing intellectual property (IP) theft. Patent protection; Trademark protection; Keeping trade secrets.