IP Intercom on Campus
- UNC/Charlotte book vandal arrested. // American Libraries;Dec92, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p916
Focuses on an act of vandalism at the Atkins Library at the University of North Carolina/Charlotte. Tennessee man arrested for cutting pictures out of hundreds of art and medical books; Police declined to release name; 315 items removed from book; Libraries with similar acts of vandalism urged...
- IP-based intercom brings order to county court complex. // Government Product News;Dec2007, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p18
The article relates the experience of Michigan's Lapeer County court system in deploying Internet Protocol (IP)-based intercommunication system from Digital Acoustics Corp. The intercom system was installed to connect courtrooms, hearing rooms, and holding cells to the control center. Chuck...
- AN EASY WAY TO BOOST YOUR MEMORY-BIG TIME! BAKER, MEGAN // Redbook;Nov2010, Vol. 215 Issue 5, p68
The article discusses a study at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte which found that people who meditated 20 minutes a day for a few days perfomed four times better on memory exercises than others do not follow this practice.
- Intelligent Intercom Systems Improve Remote Security. Poremba, Sue Marquette // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Aug2011, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p38
The article discusses the importance of intelligent intercom systems created by Viking Electronics Inc. in the U.S. Don Springer of Viking Electronics, states that the system which works through a mobile devices is helpful for security personnel who are walking around a property. It mentions...
- Design for learning. Pearson, C.A. // Architectural Record;Nov1991, Vol. 179 Issue 11, p118
Offers a look at the new University of North Carolina at Charlotte's college of architecture building designed by Charles Gwathmey. It features loftlike and flexible studios, an atrium and outdoor work space. Materials; Spaces; Uses; Needs; Design.
- UNC-Charlotte Opens Multicultural Resource Center. // Black Issues in Higher Education;09/28/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p13
Reports on the opening of the Multicultural Resource Center at the University of North Carolina in Charlotte in September 2000. Description of the center; Features.
- UNC-Charlotte upgrades its telecom. platform. // T H E Journal;Nov95, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p28
Reports on the upgrading of the telecommunications platform of the University of North Carolina in Charlotte, North Carolina, by purchasing the Intercom E switching platform. Estimate of the upgrade; Purpose of the Intercom E.
- University of North Carolina upgrades statewide microwave system. Estabrooks, Wayne // Broadcast Engineering;Apr98, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p136
Evaluates the microwave system used by the University of North Carolina UNC-TV. Analog and digital tests on the microwave equipment from two manufacturers; Voice and data microwave system shared by UNC-TV with the North Carolina State Highway Patrol; Use of SCS-32 remote monitoring system.
- Racial Bias Found in the Assignment of the Writing of Majority Opinions in State Supreme Court Cases. // Journal of Blacks in Higher Education (BruCon Publishing Co.);6/14/2012, p4
The article reports on a new study from the University of Georgia and University of North Carolina-Charlotte which found a racial bias in assigning the duty of writing majority opinions in state supreme court cases.