- Addressing physical security at the network layer. // International Fire & Security Product News;Aug2003, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the Closed Circuit Twisted Pair (CCTP) surveillance system launched by Anixter Inc. in Europe. Purpose of developing the system; Function of the CCTP solution; Involvement of other companies in the system.
- Minneapolis Offers a Case Study in Surveillance. Lockhart, Pete // Community College Week;10/13/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 5, Special section p14
Deals with the installation of Closed Circuit Twisted Pair, a video surveillance systems engineered by Anixter Inc., at the Minneapolis Community and Technical College in Minnesota. Description of the university campus; Features of the systems; Overview of how the systems work; Benefits gained...
- Anixter Enters Security Market. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Apr2001, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p20
Reports on data communications products and electrical wire distributor Anixter Inc.'s entry into the security technology market. Products to be introduced by Anixter; Plan to offer end-to-end solutions and value-added services; Revenue generated by the company from security-related sales and...
- Station Integration. // Government Security;Jun/Jul2007, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p8
The article reports on the security system implemented by the Reno, Nevada Police Department to help ensure employee safety. The video surveillance system allows employees to observe parking lots prior to leaving the police building and also allows police to identify people before they are...
- Video's Security Attraction. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2002, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p11
Discusses findings of the 'Security' and 'SDM' magazines' research of buyers which showed that video surveillance is the preferred type of security product. Advantages of video surveillance; Technology advances; Buyers' interest on Internet-based video surveillance systems.
- WHAT CUSTOMERS WANT IN NETWORK VIDEO. Engebretson, Joan; Engebretson, David // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2005, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p75
Discusses the popularity of network video surveillance systems among security managers in the U.S. Demands of security personnel to have more control on the systems; Capability of security professionals to integrate other security systems; Issues that security managers need to address in...
- Thieves among us. H.T.B.; Lerman, Josh // Skiing;Nov94, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p32
Warns skiers to lock up their ski equipment or use a ski-check service to deter ski thieves. Number of reported ski-equipment thefts in 1993 in Summit County, Colorado; Profile of a ski bandit; Ski areas where theft has decreased.
- United Building Security: Urban Challenges, Diverse Solutions. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2004, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p22
Focuses on the employment by Martin Cramer, vice president of the Downtown Dallas Security Directors Association, of a security video system for the facility of Dallas, Texas-based United Building Security. Description of the facility; Availability of the video system on a local area network;...
- CONTROLLING THE GAME. Stepanek, Laura E. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jan2013, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p36
The article reports on the strategic play in the security market. It is said that just as expanding the security market outside the confines of the economy was not possible in 2012, expanding the playing area is not possible. A new study showed that total annual revenue from the sale, lease,...