Software Trumps Hardware
- The 'Soft' Side of Security. Freschi, Cynthia // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Dec2005, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p106
This article presents information on the security industry. The author observes that the very nature of new system product introductions have changed enormously over a very short time span. The systems are moving towards a more software-centric solution. The author discusses the factors...
- Water firm rolls out user access system to improve IT
security. Goodwin, Bill // Computer Weekly;4/13/2004, p6
Northumbrian Water PLC is responding to demands from industry regulators to demonstrate best practice in IT security by rolling out software to control the access rights of 2,000 staff to the firm's Windows and Unix systems. The software called Cosuser will help Northumbrian Water demonstrate it...
- VLC Releases New Open Source Editor. Bruns, Dan // Videomaker;Jun2010, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p6
The article talks about the VideoLAN Movie Creator which will be made available free of charge and can be used for cutting, resizing, trimming and exporting videos.
- cut lines. Balser, Ben // EventDV;Dec2009, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p24
The article offers step-by-step instructions for using several features of the program Final Cut Pro 6, such as the Change Time window, the Speed Tool in the Timeline window, the Clip Keyframe, and the Speed section of the Viewer window's Motion tab.
- tips & tricks. McKnight, David // EventDV;Dec2009, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p28
The article offers step-by-step instructions for performing several tasks in the Sony Vegas non-linear editing system.
- Using transitions in your videos. Moore, Philip // Australian PC User;May2003, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p94
Part I. Presents advice on using transitions in video editing software. Definition of a transition; Rules for using transitions; Forms of transitions.
- Freemake Video Downloader. Horton, Steve // PCWorld;Mar2011, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p56
The article offers information on the Freemake Video Downloader.
- Evolving Software Tools To Manage Gas Transportation Business. Agrawal, S. K. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Feb2006, Vol. 233 Issue 2, p32
The article focuses on the evolution of software tools for the management of gas transportation business. The interconnection of pipeline networks is significant in the supply and demand situation. The use of online system will enable companies to put forth their requirements and constraints to...
- Managing Security Monitoring in Enterprise Networks. Priescu, Iustin; Nicolăescu, Sebastian // Petroleum - Gas University of Ploiesti Bulletin, Mathematics - I;2008, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p53
A significant number of high profile cases of malicious software threats and incidents that have dominated media reporting for years have served to raise awareness and determine most businesses to invest time and resources into defending against this prevalent security issue. Security monitoring...