The Risks Go Far Beyond Paper…
- ClosedBSD. // Network Dictionary;2007, p104
A definition of the term "ClosedBSD" is presented. A derivative of FreeBSD, "ClosedBSD" functions to give firewall and Network address Translation services. "ClosedBSD" can run directly off a floppy disk or a compact disc-read only memory without a hard drive.
- STOLEN UK CARD DATA FOUND ON COMPUTER PURCHASED ON EBAY. // CardLine;8/29/2008, Vol. 8 Issue 35, p31
The article reports that a hard drive containing data of bank customers in Great Britain was found in a stolen computer purchased on online auction site eBay. It states that a former employee at Graphic Data UK Ltd. reportedly sold the computer on eBay without erasing the hard drive. The said...
- Dispersing the errors. Hunter, Maureen // Tribology & Lubrication Technology;Dec2014, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p4
In this article, the author discusses use of mathematically encoded technology for several purposes like websites, compact discs (CDs) and credit cards. It states that CDs use Reed-Solomon Code with multiple check digits that can correct manufacturing errors. It mentions that this technology...
- Facts, figures, & findings. Manafy, Michelle // EMedia;Jan2000, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p12
Presents statistics by PC Data on the increased demand for compact disc-read/write (CD-RW) drives in 1999. Forecast for the different segments of the market for hard disk arrays.
- GOODBYE TO THE CD CHANGER? Luu, Andrew // AutoWeek;11/10/2003, Vol. 53 Issue 45, p31
PhatNoise, a company is providing a hard drive for cars. Provided software allows to transfer songs from computer to a cartridge in much the same way as you do with a CD. On test drive, controls were indeed a piece of cake and the sound quality no different from that of a CD. One 20-gig...
- Hard-Disk Capacities For 3.5-In. Drives Are On The Rise. Wong, William // Electronic Design;11/20/2000, Vol. 48 Issue 24, p105
Reports on the dominance of the three-point-five-inch (3.5 in.) hard disk drives in various computer applications. Types of 3.5-in. hard disks for low and high end users; Improvements in recording densities, read/write heads, interfaces and reliability. INSET: An Introduction To RAID..
- Tip of the week 1 Hard drive space. // GP: General Practitioner;2/24/2003, p49
Presents tip on how to check the used up space on the hard drive of a computer system. Use of the freeware program in the process; Information regarding the availability of the program.
- Zitel adds 9GB to CASD-II mainframe storage system. // PC Week;04/28/97, Vol. 14 Issue 17, p72
Notes that Zitel Corp. is shipping 9 gigabyte (GB) drives for its CASD-II/Enterprise Storage Mainframe storage system. RAID1 mirroring for mission critical data; Specifications for an entry-level storage module system; Price for the 9GB drives and a base unit; Contact information.
- TECH TERMS FOR BEGINNERS. // APC (Bauer Media Group);Mar2012, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p82
The article offers information on some computer technology terms for beginners including PowersShell, Disk partitioning, and ReadyBoost.