- THE PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;4/7/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p2
Lists top performing book publishers. Random House Inc.; Simon & Schuster Inc.; Penguin Group; HarperCollins Publishers.
- Random House Dominates Fiction List. // Book Publishing Report;4/26/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 15, p7
Reports developments on the publishing industry in the U.S. as of April 26, 2004. Number of bestsellers of Random House company through April 25, 2004; Sales of the book "Can You Keep a Secret" by Sophie Kinsella and published by Dial Corp.; Launch of the book "Nighttime Is My Time" written by...
- New Titles Make Mark as RH Holds Lead on Penguin Group. // Book Publishing Report;4/3/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p7
The article reports on the ranking and performance of several book publishers in the "New York Times" bestsellers. Random House Inc. now holds the lead in the hardcover nonfiction category after adding three titles in the list. Second placer Penguin Group has published 10 titles in 31 weeks....
- Atria to Publish the Book on Cool. // Book Publishing Report;11/24/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p5
Reports on Atria Books' plan to publish a book on what is cool. Topics to be discussed on the book; Target readers for the book.
- Fourth Quarter Decent Across Board as Penguin Adds Digital Spin on Classics. // Book Publishing Report;Mar2008, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p8
The article reports on the financial performance of U.S. book publishers for the fourth quarter of 2007. Simon & Schuster Inc. experienced a 26% decline in its operating profit and a 4% decrease in revenue during the quarter. Penguin Group also suffered from a slight decline in its sales...
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;3/24/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p4
Presents the New York Times bestseller scorecard for publishers. Random House; Penguin Group USA; Simon & Schuster; Time Warner.
- Random House Edges Penguin Group For Nonfiction Lead. // Book Publishing Report;3/29/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p8
The article reports on the competition between various book publishers in the United States. Random House and Penguin Group are neck-and-neck in the "New York Times" nonfiction hardcover category. New York-based Simon & Schuster Inc. is the dark horse placing seven titles on the list for 25...
- Penguin, Simon & Schuster Raise Profits in First Half; Wary About Borders Impact. // Book Publishing Report;Aug2011, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p5
The article reports on the financial performance of two book publishers such as Penguin Group and Simon & Schuster Inc. for the first half of 2011. It says that Penguin posted a revenue of about 748 million dollars and profit of about 69 million dollars, while Simon & Schuster had a revenue of...
- Publishers' D2C Efforts Branch Out. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/18/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 50, p3
The article offers information on various approaches by several publishers to sell directly to customers from their own Web site. One tactic adopted by several houses during the 2006 Christmas season has been a limited free shipping offer for customers who buy from their sites. Simon & Schuster...