Used Book Dealer Alibris Launches Campaign To Find Additional Titles
- A Fair Deal. Raugust, Karen // Publishers Weekly;6/24/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 25, p23
Focuses on the antiquarian book fair market in the U.S.. Average sales performance of the Florida Antiquarian book fair; Objectives of antiquarian book dealers for exhibiting at fairs; Growth of book fairs; Variation on the attendance and geographic scope of the fairs.
- Used and rare books go online. Raugust, Karen // Publishers Weekly;4/12/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 15, p22
Focuses on the suitability of using the Internet for selling used and rare books. Examples of companies engaged in online selling of antiquarian books; Clients of such services include Amazon.com and BarnesandNoble.com; Financial ramifications of the practice.
- Blackwell's and Alibris Partner. Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;2/1/2001, Vol. 126 Issue 2, p32
Reports on the partnership between Blackwell's Book Services and the online rare and out-of-print book dealer Alibris. Terms of the agreement; How the deal will help libraries build their collections.
- Annual Florida Antiquarian Book Fair Returns. // Antique Shoppe Newspaper;Mar2010, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p17
The article offers information on the 29th Annual Florida Antiquarian Book Fair to be held in St. Petersburg, Florida from March 12-14, 2010.
- Old Books in New Packages. Raugust, Karen // Publishers Weekly;7/1/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 26, p24
Part II. Reveals the marketing strategies of antiquarian book fairs in the U.S. Target market of antiquarian booksellers; Effect of the Internet; Statistics on book fair attendance.
- Buy the Book. // Art & Antiques;Apr2015, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p30
The article discusses the New York Antiquarian Book Fair at the Park Avenue Armory in New York City from April 9 to 12, 2015, sponsored by the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB) and the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America (ABAA).
- Barnes & Noble, Alibris in Partnership. Zeitchik, Steven M. // Publishers Weekly;1/3/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 1, p23
Reports that secondhand-book service Alibris has come to an arrangement with Barnesandnoble.com in which selected Alibris book titles will be for sale at the Web site. Terms of the deal; Increase in the backlist titles available at Barnesandnoble.com; Barnesandnoble.com to build a single...
- Choices, choices: could I be a bookshelf? Ince, Robin // New Statesman;7/4/2014, Vol. 143 Issue 5217, p26
The author offers opinions on books and reading. Citing his own experiences as a performer engaged in frequent business travel, he states that he receives profound and constant pleasure from the experience of visiting used bookstores, browsing in them, and purchasing and eventually reading one...
- The Pre-History of the Motor Car, 1550-1850. // History Scotland Magazine;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p7
The article offers information on the Edinburgh Antiquarian Book Fair to be held on March 15, 2008 in the Assembly Rooms Edinburgh in Scotland. Keith Fletcher will be displaying a large selection from his collection of books, prints, and models illustrating "The Pre-History of the Motor Car,...