BookWorld's Christian Distributor Picks Up 25th Client, Drops Its Own President
- Publishing Vets Launch Christian Distributor. Zeitchik, Steven M. // Publishers Weekly;10/25/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 43, p11
Launches the Christian Distribution Services, distributor of Christian books, music and gifts. Comments from Larry Carpenter, company's founder member; Types of the company's services; Role of Bill Jayne, former president of Rutledge Hill in the company.
- Christian book distributor has outgrown its office confines. // Book Publishing Report;02/07/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p4
Focuses on the growth of Christian Distribution Services, a division of book publisher Bookworld. Number of publishing clients signed up by the company; Relocation of the company's facilities.
- CDS Fine Despite Appearances, Says Parent Company's President. // Book Publishing Report;10/23/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 42, p4
Reports on the positive financial performance of Christian Distribution Services, according to parent company BookWorld President Ron Smith.
- Politics and Independence – The Collapse of the Canadian Medical Association Journal. Shuchman, Miriam; Redelmeier, Donald A. // New England Journal of Medicine;3/30/2006, Vol. 354 Issue 13, p1337
The article focuses on the authors' views on issues related to the "Canadian Medical Association Journal," (CMAJ). The authors say that CMAJ enjoyed the status of being the fifth leading general medical journal in the world as long as John Hoey served as its editor-in-chief, who was fired by the...
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;5/19/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 20, p4
This section offers news briefs on the publishing industry. Former Random House executive Don Weisberg has been named president of the Penguin Young Readers Group. Borders has eliminated eight positions at the vice president and director level. Indiana Attorney General Steve Carter is filing a...
- Perseus Regroups. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;10/20/2014, Vol. 261 Issue 42, p4
The article discusses the reorganization of publishing firm Perseus Books Group, following its purchase by publisher Hachette Book Group. Topics include Hachette's failed plan to sell Perseus's distribution unit; the promotion of Perseus executives Susan Weinberg and Mark Suchomel; and a...
- Distributor BookWorld clones itself to go after Christian book market. // Book Publishing Report;11/01/99, Vol. 24 Issue 43, p5
Reports on BookWorld Services' creation of a company called Christian Distribution Services that serves the Christian market. Company's claim to be the first to offer full-service distribution including warehousing, shipping and sales for the Christian market.
- Carpenter Leaving Christian Distribution Services. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;10/16/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 42, p12
Reports that Larry Carpenter is resigning as chairman of Christian Distribution Services (CDS) as of October 2000. Purpose of the establishment of CDS; Reason for his resignation.
- Former Christian Distribution Services Chief Now Heads Rival. // Book Publishing Report;11/20/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 46, p3
Reports on the job of former Christian Distribution Services (CDS) chairman Larry Carpenter as general manager of competing startup, FaithWorks, the National Book Network's equivalent of CDS. Comment of former boss Ron Smith; Representation of religious book publishers in the United States.