Get the best from training
- Learning That Counts. Caudron, Shari // Workforce;Oct2001 Supplement, Vol. 80, p94
Presents a guideline for an effective employee training program. Alignment of training objectives with business strategy; Influence of corporate culture on training programs; Identification of the expected business results.
- Training policy/employee development. // People Management;12/21/95, Vol. 1 Issue 25, p5
Presents various reports on the training policy and employee development. Abolishment of the House of Commons employment select committee; Individuals selected to set sector-specific training targets; Shift leaders at the West Yorkshire fire service to be trained in stress management.
- Practice makes perfect. Cannell, Mike // People Management;03/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p26
Discusses how the on-the-job training (OJT) in companies can be effective. Definition and process of OJT; OJT practice in McDonald's Restaurants; How OJT is conducted at Barclays Life Assurance and Ryder; How the on-the-job trainers help Ilford to achieve the International Standard Organization...
- Essential elements of inservice training in positive behavior support. Dunlap; Hieneman, Glen // Journal of Positive Behavior Interventions;Winter2000, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p22
Details the essential elements of inservice training in resolving serious behavioral problems of employees. Outline of a core curriculum for inservice training; Description of a national exemplar of comprehensive inservice training; Essential features of a training that are needed for the...
- MEDIA CHALLENGES OF THE '80s. Thomas, Willard // Training & Development Journal;Dec79, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p16
Examines developments in employee training during the 1980s. Electronic and technological developments related to professional training; Challenges presented by the developments; Steps that should be taken by training departments to keep up with the developments.
- FINDING THE BOTTOM-LINE PAYOFF FOR TRAINING. Nickols, Frederick W. // Training & Development Journal;Dec79, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p54
Focuses on the financial and operational benefits provided by training programs to organizations. Factors that should be considered by companies in designing training programs; Significance of evaluation and analysis in designing a beneficial training program.
- 'THE 'WARP' IN THE WAY WE PERCEIVE OUR LIFE IN THE WORLD OF WORK' Bolles, Richard // Training & Development Journal;Nov81, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p20
Focuses on the importance of wisdom in the training profession. Needs of the industry; Adult worker as learner; Nature of career development.
- NEW TRAINING TOOLS. // Training & Development Journal;Nov81, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p90
Features several employee training and development tools. Audiovisual equipment catalog; Sales builder kit.
- The Audio-Workbook ï¿½ an Interactive Approach to Learning. Komras, Henrietta // Training & Development Journal;Dec81, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p20
Focuses on employee training applications of interactive audio-workbook. Problems and constraints facing the trainer; Concerns and priorities of trainers.
- Training Effectiveness: Changing Attitudes. Neider, Linda L. // Training & Development Journal;Dec81, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p24
Focuses on the effectiveness of several employee training methods. Training methodologies effective in the 1980s; Techniques used most frequently by training employees.