- Editorial. Baker, Carol // Credit Control;1997, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p2
Editorial. Focuses on the drop in business failures in Great Britain according to the statistics released by Dun and Bradstreet. Comparison of business failures from 1995-1997; Number of liquidations and bankruptcies in different regions; Expectations of the business sector of full recovery by...
- Madoff and MF Global. MEYEROWITZ, STEVEN A. // Pratt's Journal of Bankruptcy Law;Apr/May2013, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p193
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports published within the issue which include the Madoff and MF Global brokerage liquidation, the development in designating the votes of claims, and the court's decision on bankruptcy sales.
- Good Question: My business is in trouble. When should I pull the plug? Grund, John M. // Oregon Business Magazine;Jan2002, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p52
Comments on when to liquidate a company, sell out and move to the next opportunity without regret or recrimination. Conventional wisdom that entrepreneurs should never quit; How quitting after a company has lost value means acknowledging the loss; Praise for businesspeople who decides to fold...
- British business failures down. // Credit Management;Jun2000, p14
Reports on the decline in the number of business failures in Great Britain in the first quarter of 2000. Areas where the business failure rate is rising; Decrease in the rate of company liquidations over small business bankruptcies.
- Eight laid off before Head New Media is put into liquidation. Conley, Clare // Campaign (UK);7/20/2001, Issue 29, p4
Reports on the closure and voluntary liquidation of Head New Media, an interactive advertising agency in Great Britain. Details on the investment losses; Failure in management control.
- Strategies for avoiding company liquidations. Batterson, Leonard // ABA Banking Journal;Apr82, Vol. 74 Issue 4, p95
Focuses on the strategies for avoiding corporate liquidations. Characterization of business downturn; Recruitment of managers with entrepreneurial skills; Establishment of turnaround financing plan.
- Stoddard firm goes into liquidation. // Third Sector;Feb2015, Issue 809, p9
The article reports about the liquidation of the direct-mail agency CS Fundraising, which is controlled by businessman Chris Stoddard, and states that CS Fundraising had bought assets of another Stoddard business CSDM Fundraising in 2013.
- Defining bankruptcy, but only as your last resort. Kinney, Derrick // Fort Worth Business Press;7/4/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 26, p34
Reports on an increase in bankruptcy filings in the U.S. in 2002. Types of bankruptcy; Drawbacks to bankruptcy; Options to consider before filing a bankruptcy.
- When will the bad times really end? Harris, David // Commercial Motor;5/20/2010, Vol. 212 Issue 5382, p16
The article discusses the reasons for recent business failures in the haulage industry despite the diminishing recession. Industry experts have warned that getting more work when recovering from recession can sometimes lead to insolvency. Additional spending on vehicles, warehousing and staffing...