Ikea hit by .com pornography site confusion
- Ikea set for UK trial of online sales. // Cabinet Maker;1/13/2006, Issue 5471, p5
The article reports that Ikea AB has launched a trial transactional Web site in Great Britain. The site is part of the retailer's expansion plans. It will be tested in the summer of 2006. It allows customers to browse products but they can only purchase the items in-store.
- Ikea's Web site cracked by hacker. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;09/25/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p30
Reports that furniture retailer Ikea's United States Web site was penetrated by a computer hacker. Damage done by the hacker; Discovery of the identity of the hacker; Damage control measures instituted by the company.
- Welcome to the web world. Lewis, Mark // Cabinet Maker;1/20/2006, Issue 5472, p12
The article reports on the decision of Ikea to test a transactional Web site for its customers in London, England. According to Ikea, online retailing will address the company's customer traffic problem in its stores. Online retailer Julian Field claims that Ikea's Web site is not a threat to...
- IKEA rolls out UK e-commerce site. // Marketing (00253650);5/16/2007, p4
The article reports on the online shopping service launched by furniture retailer IKEA AB in Great Britain. The web site contains a wide range of IKEA products with a delivery service from Â£7.50 and will be offered first in South London. St. Luke's will produce the global campaign for the...
- Digital choice: IKEA. Royce, Seb // Marketing (00253650);9/6/2006, p12
The article presents the author's opinion on the improvement made to the Web site of the Swedish furniture manufacturing chain IKEA AB. The visitors to the sites are now welcomed by a cross-sectional view of various rooms in a multi-storey building. They can also move between floors by pressing...
- Ikea allows customers to avoid the crowds. // Cabinet Maker;05/04/2001, Issue 5236, p5
Features the Web site of Ikea AB.
- NEW MEDIA CHOICE/IKEA.COM. Mower, Darren // Marketing (00253650);5/10/2001, p10
Features the Web site IKEA AB.
- Ikea finds a home in Brooklyn. Racine, Theresa // New York Amsterdam News;10/31/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 44, p32
Reports on the launch of a store of furniture manufacturing company Ikea AB in New York City, New York. Estimated number of jobs created by the store; Proposal of the company to solve traffic problems due to its store's location; Plans of the company to expand its store.
- Green light for Ikea in Glasgow. // Cabinet Maker;11/17/2000, Issue 5214, p2
Reports on the Scotland government's approval of Ikea's proposal to open a furniture store in Glasgow.