What's Hot or Not in Asia
- Eight Indian American in Forbes' 2007 Midas list. // Siliconindia;Feb2007, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p12
The article focuses on the eight Indian American entrepreneurs in the U.S. who are placed in the Forbes' 2007 Midas list. These include Ram Shriram of Sherpalo Ventures, Arjun Gupta of TeleSoft Partners, Parag Saxena of Vedanta Capital, Rob Soni of Matrix Partners, Pramod Nague of Norwest...
- Real Wireless, Real Money. Shankar, Pradeep // Siliconindia;Oct2005, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p22
Focuses on the trends and developments on the performance of the wireless communication industry in the venture capital investments in the U.S. Performance of the wireless communication firms in the investment market; Assessment of the concerns of business enterprises on the wireless...
- The wireless evolution. Cortes, Rossie // Caribbean Business;5/20/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 22, p46
Reports on the increasing business productivity of the wireless businesses in Puerto Rico. Evolution of the technical innovation; Integration of wireless communication into the daily operations; Enhancement of the communication systems.
- What's hot? Networks and consumer apps. Hill, Kelly // RCR Wireless News;7/7/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 21, p9
The article reports on the move of venture capitalists to fund on new networks coming online and new services that run on the networks. According to a May 2008 report, 55% of the venture capital funding received by wireless companies went to companies working on carrier or enterprise...
- Wireless firms stand back as start-ups thrash it out. Manners, David // Electronics Weekly;3/8/2006, Issue 2231, p18
This article reports that huge venture capital investment in wireless technology start-ups has persuaded large companies to stand back and watch while the smaller firms engage in a bloodbath. The larger firms are waiting to acquire the survivors. According to Joe Adams, vice-president for...
- Juniper hiring hints at company's buyout plans. Duffy, Jim // Network World;2/28/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p14
The article discusses the fast rate of acquisition of wireless Lans by Juniper despite public statements to the contrary. Late last year, the company quietly appointed a vice president of business development to, among other things, orchestrate the company's acquisition of a WLAN player. The...
- VC Drops in the Bucket. Wickham, Rhonda L. // Wireless Review;12/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p6
Focuses on the decline in venture capital for wireless communication. Estimated number of wireless companies that received venture funding in the second quarter of 2001; Investments of Charles River Ventures company in various wireless companies; Implications of the decline in Internet-related...
- What area of wireless is attracting the most VC interest? // America's Network;5/1/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 7, p13
Focuses on developments in the wireless communications industry that attract venture capital.
- Venture-capital investors become more prominent on wireless Web landscape. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;12/18/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 51, p31
Reports on the increased importance of venture capital as a finance source for wireless Web businesses in the United States.