Turkey's Double Edge
- Country Forecast. // Political Risk Yearbook: Turkey Country Report;2011, p2
The article presents country forecasts for Turkey. It relates the decline in the public's faith in the armed forces following the emergence of evidence that military officers have been plotting to destabilize the government of Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan. It outlines the factors that...
- Turkish PM arrives in Lahore, Pakistan. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;12/23/2013, p13
The article reports that Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan arrived in Lahore, Pakistan on December 21, 2013.
- Leader Biography. // Turkey Country Review;2010, p52
A biography of Recep Tayyip Erdogan, the Prime Minister of Turkey, who was born on February 26, 1954 in Rize, and who was asked to form a new government in 2007 when his political party, the pro-Islamist Justice and Development Party (AKP), was re-elected to power, is presented.
- Leader Biography. // Turkey Country Review;2012, p78
A biography is presented of Recep Tayyip Erdogan, current Turkish prime minister, which includes information on his family, education, and political career.
- I Plan to Visit Pakistan Right after Sunday's Referendum in Turkey, Erdogan Says. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;9/6/2010, p11
The article discusses plans by the Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan to visit Pakistan's flood-impacted regions with a large technical delegation to assess how Turkey can aid in Pakistan's flood recovery.
- Erdogan's French Ambitions. Matthews, Owen // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);9/27/2010 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 156 Issue 13, p12
The article looks at the plan of Turkey's Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan to make the country a presidential republic.
- Erdogan: From hero to zero? Starr, Stephen // Middle East;Feb2014, Issue 451, p46
The article focuses on the impact of the graft scandal on businesses in Turkey. It states that the graft investigation against leading business figures and sons of the ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP) led to the arrest and resignation of the involved political figures as well as the...
- Tight Timetable For Turkey. // Emerging Markets Monitor;7/7/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 13, p12
Reports on the approval by the High Privatization Board of the purchase of the controlling stake of Turkey in petrochemicals company Petkim, by Standart Kimya in 2003. Reaction of Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan to the sale price of Petkim; Details of the passage of a bill by the national...
- Turkish Prime Minister to Travel To Bosnia-Herzegovina & Serbia On Saturday. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;7/12/2010, p10
A three-day tour of Bosnia-Herzegovina and Serbia by Turkey's Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan in July 2010 is noted.