- BofA, JPM Arrange $1.25B CF for Pharma Acquisition. Kellerhals, Richard // High Yield Report;5/3/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p9
The article reports on a 1.26 billion U.S.-dollar credit facility arranged by the banks Bank of America Merrill Lynch and JP Morgan for the acquisition of WuXi PharmaTech by fellow pharmaceutical research company Charles River Labs.
- CROs/Service Providers. // CenterWatch Weekly;12/12/2015, Vol. 19, p2
The article offers pharmaceutical industry news briefs as of December 21, 2015 on topics including Integrated Asset Development Plan (IADP) from Quintiles and joint venture between research and development firm WuXi PharmaTech and research organization PRA Health Science.
- Chinese WuXi PharmaTech to Launch IPO. // GlobalSourcingNOW;7/25/2007, p3
The article reports that WuXi PharmaTech, a Chinese pharmaceutical and biotechnology research and development outsourcing company, has announced its plans to launch an initial public offering (IPO) of 13.2 million American Depositary Shares (ADS), wherein each ADS will correspond to 8 ordinary...
- Grants/contracts. // Medical Device Daily;6/12/2008, Vol. 12 Issue 113, p4
The article reports on a three-year collaboration agreement signed by WuXi PharmaTech with AstraZeneca in 2008. WuXi successfully delivered over 100,000 compounds needed by AstraZeneca two months ahead of schedule in April 2006. According to WuXi chairman/chief executive officer (CEO) Ge Li, the...
- Drug Research Stocks Climb Into Top 10. SCOTT STODDARD // Investors Business Daily;3/ 7/2014, pB06
Medical research stocks have risen up IBD's industry ranks as pharmaceutical companies turn to outside firms for help in developing the next blockbuster drug.
- Awards. // Pharmaceutical Executive;May2007, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p194
The article announces several awards related to pharmaceutical industry in the U.S. including Kirk Gallion, Rudy Tanzi, and Wuxi PharmaTech Ltd.
- WuXi Beats, Guidance Light. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;3/ 6/2014, pA01
7 Chinese drug and biotech outsourcer
- China's contract research industry. Wan, Jane // Pharmaceutical Technology Europe;Apr2011, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p52
The article focuses on the condition of the contract research industry in China. The author discusses how foreign contract research organisations (CROs), such as WuXi PharmaTech Inc., transformed the nation's industry from preclinical offerings to clinical studies. Also discussed is the efforts...
- WuXi PharmaTech, Covance Enter into JV to Offer Preclinical Services in China. // EmergingMarketsNOW;6/25/2008, p14
The article reports that WuXi PharmaTech Ltd., a Chinese provider of pharmaceutical research and development (R&D) outsourcing services, has entered a joint venture with Covance Inc., a U.S.-based drug development services provider, to offer preclinical contract research services in China. The...