HIDE IN JAPAN
- Japan's Pension Crisis. Hanson, Richard // Best's Review;Jun2000, Vol. 101 Issue 2, p100
Reports on developments related to the pensions market in Japan as of June 2000. Problems created by the government's revision of the retirement and pensions system in the country; Impact of deregulation and economic recession on the market.
- High taxes are cause of Japan's economic problems. Bartlett, Bruce // Human Events;06/26/98, Vol. 54 Issue 24, p15
Looks at how high levels of taxation have impacted on the Japanese economy in 1998. Details on the country's increased unemployment rate; Performance of the Japanese stock market; Statistical information on taxation in Japan; Views of economists.
- Japan economy shows signs of stagnation. Morris, Pamela // Fundweb;8/29/2014, p10
The article reports on marginal stagnation of Japan's economy during 2014 second quarter following increase in consumption tax.
- Properties get an interim valuation. // Accountancy;Nov97, Vol. 120 Issue 1251, p78
Looks at the report from Schroders on the impact of tax increases on Japan's economy in 1997. Decline in output during the second quarter.
- Small-business owners can turn to traditional tool to reduce tax: pensions. Kitchenman, Andrew // njbiz;1/2/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p20
The article offers information on the efficacy of pensions in reducing taxes of small business owners in New Jersey.
- The ease of paying taxes in Croatia, 2010/11. Bronic, Mihaela // Institut za Javne Financije -- Press Releases;11/7/2011, Issue 32, p1
The article examines the tax payments by medium-sized companies in Croatia in 2010-2011. It states that the country ranks 32nd out of 183 countries on the ease of paying taxes, however, it fails to adopt tax system reforms in 2011. Moreover, it suggests the need to introduce changes in the...
- Social Security debate raising questions for small business. LaRose, Greg // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);3/28/2005, Vol. 25 Issue 38, p8
Reports on debates on the reform of Social Security in the U.S. Investment of a portion of worker payroll taxes into personal investment accounts.
- Beyond reasonable doubt. Dixon, Daryl // Bulletin with Newsweek;04/04/2000, Vol. 118 Issue 6218, p62
Discusses how small business owners and selected categories of other taxpayers in Australia may be able to obtain an increase in their transitional reasonable benefit limit (RBL) for superannuations. Rationale behind the introduction of transitional RBL in 1994; Requirements for increasing RBL;...
- Pensions in France: Schemes applicable to salaried employees in the private sector. Hamzaoui, Leila // Journal of Pensions Management (1462222X);Dec2001, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p139
This paper gives a brief overview of the occupational pension schemes applicable to salaried employees in the private sector in France. It explores the legal framework of each of these schemes, their structure and running, their tax and social security regime and the potential impact of EU...