New Year's Greetings
- Making every issue count. Bennett, Jo // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;5/1/99, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p65
Reports on the techniques employed to raise advertising revenues and circulation of `Sacramento' magazine. Changes instituted by owner Mike O'Brien upon acquiring the California publication; Includes repositioning the editorial; Involvement in community events and ancillary products.
- WEEKLIES'/BIWEEKLIES' FIRST-HALF AD PAGES GENERALLY LOOK GOODâ€¦. // Media Industry Newsletter;6/28/2010, Vol. 63 Issue 26, p1
The article reports on the advertising sales of weekly and bi-weekly magazines for the first half of 2010, including those of "American Profile," "Golf Week," and "OK."
- FALL FASHION TREND: THIN MAGAZINES. Lang, Daryl; Walker, David // Photo District News;Sep2009, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p14
The article presents the fluctuations in advertisement page counts and advertisement revenues for fashion magazines.
- Music Labo is latest Japanese trade to fold. McClure, Steve // Billboard;3/12/94, Vol. 106 Issue 11, p6
Reports on `Music Labo' magazine's ceased publications effective February 28, 1994. Declining advertising revenues; History of Music Labo; Reputation; Continued existence as a corporate entity; Handling of `Billboard' subscription and sublicensing activities.
- FOR SOME WEEKLY/BIWEEKLY PUBLISHERS, MAYBE THE RECESSION IS OVER. // Media Industry Newsletter;9/27/2010, Vol. 63 Issue 37, p1
The article reports on the improvement in the advertising revenues of several weekly and biweekly magazines following the recession in the U.S. including "Entertainment Weekly" and "ESPN."
- head in vice. Stableford, Dylan // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Mar2005, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p37
Highlights the success of "Vice" magazine. Achievements of the magazine; Advertising revenue generated by the magazine for its editions in the U.S. and Canada; Competitors of "Vice."
- "HARPER'S BAZAAR" HAS A BETTER SEPTEMBER AD PERCENTAGE THAN WE REPORTED. // Media Industry Newsletter;8/1/2011, Vol. 64 Issue 30, p3
The article reports on a 2.3 percent increase in "Harper's Bazaar's" advertising pages in September 2011 compared to September 2010.
- 10 under 50. // Brandweek;3/14/2005, Vol. 46 Issue 11, pSR18
Lists the top 10 U.S. magazines who have advertising revenues below $50 million as of March 2005.
- Business titles show first gain in ad pages since 2000. Callahan, Sean // B to B;9/15/2003, Vol. 88 Issue 10, p3
The article focuses on increase in the number of advertisement pages in the journal "B to B" since 2000. The 0.9% boost in B-to-B ad pages in June 2003 compared with a year earlier was seen as a milestone in some quarters. According to the Business Information Network figures compiled by TNS'...