Flat Is Where It's At
- AT&T Wireless offers shared calling plans. // RCR Wireless News;6/25/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 26, p27
Focuses on the two calling plans offered by AT&T Wireless for wireless calls made between subscribers. AT&T Shared Advantage; AT&T Wireless Mobile-to-Mobile Minutes.
- In Brief. // Wireless Review;6/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p12
Presents news briefs on the wireless telecommunication industry as of June 2001. Addition of Mobliss' polling technology to the PocketNet service of AT&T Wireless; Prediction on Latin America's revenue from wireless Internet in 2004.
- U S West pulls back on wireless Internet access. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;11/22/99, Vol. 18 Issue 47, p24
Reports that US West Wireless is delaying the rollout of its commercial Web-browsing service in the United States until the beginning of 2000 as it works to understand what its customers want from wireless Internet access. Integration of different products from the company's Enterprise Data...
- Four more carriers try their hands at one-rate plans. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;02/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p5
Reports that several wireless carriers in the United States are offering pricing plans that eliminate roaming and long-distance fees or expand local calling areas. Precedence set by AT&T Wireless when it launched its Digital One Rate plan in the spring of 1998 which nixed the said charges;...
- Time, Money & the Web. // Wireless Review;10/1/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p80
Provides answers to questions concerning the wireless Internet service. Verizon Wireless' wireless Internet service billing terms; Information on the Internet service price plan of AT&T Wireless.
- Deck Options. // Wireless Review;05/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p8
Presents information on wireless Web services offered by telecommunication companies. Deck options offered by the Web-Unwireed service of Alltel; How AT&T Wireless PocketNet subscribers can bookmark Web sites; Features of the wireless service offered by Cingular.
- As data starts to drip revenues, carriers need to address challenges. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;7/28/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p6
Reports on assertions of Jim Grams of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. regarding the revenue share of wireless data services in the U.S. carrier earnings by 2007. Advancement in technology accomplished by the wireless data industry; Advantage of using the Internet over multimedia messaging system;...
- Intel Pushes Into Wireless. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;7/2/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 27, p20
Discusses the signal processor technologies designed by Intel Corp. for the wireless Internet market. Information on the deal offered by Intel to AT&T Wireless; Application for the StrongArm processing technology of Intel; Information on the Personal Internet Client Architecture platform.
- AT&T introduces wireless Internet service. // RCR;05/22/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 21, p7
Reports on the introduction of AT&T Wireless Services Inc.'s Digital PocketNet wireless Internet service. Improvements over the company's initial attempt at wireless Internet service; Basic plan features; Analysts' assessment of the AT&T model.