Site Of The Week
- Wireless in a Nutshell. // IT Professional;May/Jun2001, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p53
Features the web site www.wirelessinanutshell.com. Separate sections for different wireless application protocol topics; Front page contents; Job openings section; Other resources.
- Private surf. Crofts, Neil // Campaign;05/26/2000, Issue 21, p20
Previews the Wireless Application Protocol Web site, mywapworld.com. Quality of the site's interface; Expansion potential of the site.
- WAP UPSIDE YOUR HEAD. Kooser, Amanda C. // Entrepreneur;Apr2001, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p34
Lists web sites that gives facts about Wireless Application Protocol. WAP.com; WAP Forum; AnywhereYouGo.com.
- Waiting for the Wireless Web. Archee, Raymond K. // Intercom;Apr2003, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p40
Discusses wireless application protocol (WAP). Total WAP-enabled Web sites in 100 countries; Obstacles to WAP's popular success; WAP usability; WAP marketing campaigns; Implications for technical communication.
- Wireless Internet Sites: The Quest for Content. Rockhold, John // Wireless Review;02/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p12
Provides information on TagTag which hosts several wireless application protocol Web sites in the United States. Benefits of TagTag; Moral and ethical aspects of wireless Internet; Web sites hosted by TagTag.
- 'The Big Idea' shows how mobile can drive TV viewing. Tomlins, Michael // New Media Age;11/9/2006, p29
The article reviews the Web site The Big Idea, available in WAP platform.
- WAP Forum: Truth Or Consequences. Felps, Bruce // Wireless Week;10/11/99, Vol. 5 Issue 41, p8
Focuses on the Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) Forum. Competition among forum members; Recommendation made by Phone.com, WAP Forum's founding member; Browser code suggested by Nokia; Comments on the forum.
- WAP Patent Suit Kicks Up Dust. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;05/01/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the decision of Geoworks Corp. to charge licensing fees from companies using the wireless application protocol (WAP). Lawsuit filed by Phone.com Inc. against Geoworks; Significance of the lawsuit on the future of WAP; Views of analysts on WAP.
- Securing Server Security. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;09/25/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 39, p11
Discusses the security measures for Wireless Application Protocol server. Plan of Phone.com Inc. to solve the problem; Forecast on the electronic commerce through mobile communication system; Partnership between Motorola and Entrust Technologies Inc.