- Nokia Joins Trend, Blends New Units. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;08/30/99, Vol. 5 Issue 35, p1
Reports on the effort of Nokia Corp. to resettle its clocks in order to keep up with the demanding chronological measurement called `Internet time.' How Nokia developed its wireless business units; Other companies with similar efforts; Information on the Wireless Software Solutions and IP...
- Nokia's Optimistic 3G Vision. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;03/19/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p24
Stresses the business optimism of mobile phone handset maker Nokia Corp. regarding its third-generation (3G) network business in 2001. Reactions of Nokia to the gloomy forecast on the 3G network business; Assessment of the 3G market condition; Details on the wireless Internet technology...
- VOIP Advances on 2 Fronts. Rendleman, John // PC Week;01/11/99, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p95
Focuses on the voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP) industry in January of 1999. The coalition of companies working to develop interoperability of IP telephony gateway and gatekeeper products; Nokia Corp.'s acquisition of Vienna Systems Corp., a leader in IP telephony; How Nokia plans to use...
- On-phone game play makes business sense. Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;09/25/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 39, p24
Reports on online broadcaster ESPN.com's business deal with Nokia and several cellular telephone companies to expand its Internet marketing into the wireless communication market as of September 25, 2000. Details of the marketing agreement.
- Nokia introduces 3G solutions. // RCR Wireless News;10/16/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 42, p24
Reports on Nokia Corp.'s introduction of several third-generation network solutions and mobile Internet application platforms designed for wireless operators and service providers.
- Broadening Wireless Horizons. // Wireless Week;09/18/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 38, p22
Reports on the agreement between Capstock and BEA Systems which will allow more wireless devices to access their services. Impact of Capstock's architecture on BEA WebLogic M-Commerce Solution.
- Nokia tests WAP on W-CDMA network. // RCR;06/12/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p4
Reports that Nokia Corp. has carried out tests demonstrating the interoperability of Wireless Application Protocol over wideband Code Division Multiple Access systems and radio networks.
- EDGE on the horizon. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;12/16/2002, Vol. 243 Issue 18, p34
Focuses on the revival of EDGE technology by wireless communication operators in North America. Public commitment to the technology by service providers; Introduction of the first EDGE-capable handset by Nokia; Standardization of 3G technology.
- Nokia debuts WAP handsets. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;9/11/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p6
Reports on the plan of Nokia Mobile Phones Inc. to start shipping its 7100 series wireless application protocol-enabled handsets.