VoiceStream Rolls In Aerial, Adds Subs
- VoiceStream Takes Big Bite, Swims With The Sharks. Bourrie, Sally Ruth // Wireless Week;09/27/99, Vol. 5 Issue 39, p3
Reports on the planned acquisition of Aerial Communications company by VoiceStream Wireless Corp. Business plans of VoiceStream; Benefits of the acquisition for Aerial; Elements of the VoiceStream-Aerial acquisition.
- GSM goes national. // Telephony;09/27/99, Vol. 237 Issue 13, p10
Reports on the acquisition of Aerial Communications by VoiceStream Wireless. Shortcoming of VoiceStream; Comment from Don Warkentin, president and chief executive officer of Aerial; Advantage of VoiceStream against its national competitors.
- No Way Out. Comiteau, Jennifer // Adweek Eastern Edition;2/12/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p9
Recounts the author's experience of poor service from telecommunications company, VoiceStream Wireless Inc. Cost of the service; Defects of the system; Difficulty of terminating the contract signed with VoiceStream.
- At Year's End... Harter, Betsy; Beach, Tarre // Wireless Review;12/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p10
Focuses on the mergers, price plans, subscriber growth and technology roll-outs in 1999 in the wireless communication industry. Factors considered by NeoPoint in designing its NeoPoint 1000 handset; Benefit offered by the merger of Aerial Communications and VoiceStream Wireless; How the calling...
- Shareholders approve VoiceStream, Omnipoint, Aerial merger. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;02/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p65
Reports approval of shareholders on the proposed merger between VoiceStream Wireless Corp., Omnipoint Corp., and Aerial Communications Inc. in New York, New York. Need for the Federal Communication Commission approval; Employment of Global System for Mobile communication carriers as goal of the...
- Wireless mergers give providers national cachet. Bannan, Karen J. // Inter@ctive Week;09/27/99, Vol. 6 Issue 40, p12
Details the deals among wireless operators to speed up the adoption of wireless voice and data services. Agreement between Bell Atlantic and Vodafone AirTouch to combine their operations in a single wireless network; Deal of VoiceStream Wireless to buy Aerial Communications; Advantages of the...
- VoiceStream on the upstream. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;11/13/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 20, p32
Reports on the operating loss posted by VoiceStream Wireless for the third quarter of 2000. Factors which contributed to the loss; Information on the company's network expansion; Reason for the decline in its revenue.
- VoiceStream Rings Up Chase BofA. Phadungchai, Naruth // Bank Loan Report;10/25/99, Vol. 14 Issue 42, p2
Reports on the arrangement of a credit facility supporting the acquisition of Omnipoint Corp. and Aerial Communications Inc. by VoiceStream Wireless Corp. Arrangers of the deal; Benefit of the acquisition for VoiceStream; Companies that will invest in VoiceStream after its acquisition of...
- On-Line. Wickham, Rhonda; Reed-Flynn, Heather // Wireless Review;08/01/99, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p10
Focuses on various issues in wireless communication industry in the United States in 1999. Association of wireless phones with cancer; VoiceStream merging with Omnipoint; Aerial Communications' use of dry cleaning to illustrate the concept of crisp and clean communications to customers; Debate...