Bill Payment Hits Wireless Cyberspace
- Visa in Partnership to Develop Wireless Financial Applications. Souccar, Miriam Kreinin // American Banker;5/3/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 85, p11
Reports on the partnership between Visa USA and Aether Systems Inc. to develop financial applications for mobile devices. Terms under the deal; Information services that Aether sells.
- Association to use `Visa Cash' as name for stored value card. Block, Valerie // American Banker;11/13/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 219, p16
Reports on Visa USA's adoption of the name `Visa Cash' for Visa stored value cards issued in the United States. Introduction of the cards in Atlanta, Georgia in advance of the summer Olympic Games in July 1996; Target clientele of Visa; Banks introducing Visa Cash cards; Other participants in...
- Visa Net payment service targets devices. Trott, Bob; Haney, Clare // InfoWorld;07/24/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p28
Introduces the Visa DirectExchange, an online payment system launched by Visa USA. Electronic payments included in the service; Estimated value of payments that can be processed by the system in an hour; Technology used by Visa in the system.
- Battle of the network stars. Borowsky, Mark // U.S. Banker;Jan95, Vol. 105 Issue 1, p32
Reports the competition between MasterCard's and Visa's national debit programs. Problems of other systems trying to go nationwide; Regional electronic fund transfer systems; Acceptability of debit cards; Point of sales transactions in 1994.
- Visa joins supermarket payment system group. Jennings, Robert // American Banker;2/28/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 39, p30
Reports that Visa USA's Merchant Bank Services unit has joined a marketing alliance promoting electronic payments systems in supermarkets. Southern Datacomm Inc., Midsouth Data Systems Inc. and Fairway Marketing Group as partnership members; Visanet POS Services as the world's largest point of...
- Visa Shores Up Web Position, Ends Fees on Theft of Card Numbers. FICKENSCHER, LISA // American Banker;2/22/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 35, p1
Reports on plans by credit card giant Visa USA Inc. to launch a series of initiatives aimed at allaying consumer fears about online credit card fraud and preserving its position as a force in Web payment handling. Elimination of customer liabilities for lost or stolen cards or account numbers;...
- INTERLINK NOW TOP EFT NETWORK. // CardLine;2006, Vol. 6 Issue 38, p4
The article reports that though it switches only PIN-debit purchases, Interlink from Visa USA is now the largest electronic funds transfer network in the U.S., according to March data collected for the 2007 edition of the ATM& Debit News EFT Data Book. Interlink surpasses First Data...
- Visa Expects Boost From Gift Cards. Jalili, H. Michael // American Banker;1/8/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 5, p5
The article states that the credit card company Visa U.S.A. is expecting prepaid gift cards to boost profits from the holiday spending season. Gift cards could extend the traditional holiday shopping period, as retailers will entice consumers to redeem their cards during the post-holiday...
- Visa Announces Plans to Build on Current Card Security Approach. MORRISON, DAVID // Credit Union Times;4/1/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p10
The article focuses on the plans of Visa USA Inc. on building upon card security standards. The plan was revealed at the annual Global Security Summit in Washington by Visa executives. The company is working on two new tools, the transaction alert system and the targeted acceptance program. Visa...