TIW Nabs U.K. 3G Rights
- Different regions, different approaches mark TIW's global growth. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;03/22/99, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p34
Reports on Telesystem International Wireless (TIW) Inc.'s global expansion strategy for its wireless communications services. Plan to launch commercial cellular service in Brazil; Offering of enhanced specialized mobile radio services in Great Britain; Trans European Trunked/Terrestrial Radio...
- Norton Rose left hanging as Herbies picks up TIW. // Lawyer;3/21/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p68
Reports that Norton Rose has been left out due to the disposal of two European mobile phone operators to Vodaphone PLC and with the deal of the Montreal-based Telesystems International Wireless (TIW) with Herbert Smith in Great Britain. Content of the deal. Acquisition of Vodaphone PLC to TIW's...
- Driving for the licence. Ducharme, Bruno // Telecommunications - International Edition;Oct97, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p73
Discusses the intricacies of applying for and receiving a license to operate a wireless telecommunications service in foreign countries. Three development cycles that wireless markets have undergone; Importance of track record and credibility in gaining a foreign government's approval;...
- Business Briefs. // RCR Wireless News;1/7/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p18
Presents news briefs on the wireless telecommunication industry as of January 7, 2002. Maturity notice for equity subordinated debentures announced by Telesystem International Wireless Inc.; Amendment of the terms for the proposed exchange offer for convertible subordinated noted of CellStar...
- World briefs. // RCR;11/02/98, Vol. 17 Issue 44, p30
Features a news roundup about worldwide wireless communication systems as of November 2, 1998. Includes the plan of Poland to call tenders for mobile telephone licenses; Increase in wireless subscribers for Telesystem International Wireless Inc.; Motorola Inc.'s offer of infrastructure for a...
- Microcell, TIW and Ericsson Canada make W-CDMA multimedia call. // RCR;10/11/99, Vol. 18 Issue 41, p4
Reports that Microcell Connexions, Telesystem International Wireless and Ericsson Canada have completed a multimedia call using Ericsson's wideband Code Division Multiple Access solution for the North American 1900 megahertz environment.
- Mobile conquistadors. Kingsland, Peter; Stones, Stephen // Telecommunications - International Edition;Mar2000, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p70
Reports on the increase in foreign investments in the mobile telephone industry in Latin America. Liberalization of telecommunication regulations in some countries; France Telecom SA and Telesystem International Wireless Inc.'s expansion in the region; Influence of prepaid services on...
- TIW creates Asian venture. // RCR;11/8/99, Vol. 18 Issue 45, p57
Reports on Telesystem International Wireless Inc.'s establishment of Hong Kong, China-based TIW Asia NV.
- British 3G Auction Battle: Food Fight!! Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;03/20/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p18
Focuses on the licenses for third-generation computer systems and services that are for auction in Great Britain. Companies expected to bid for the licenses; Players that are top bidders of the licenses.