Incumbent Licensees Wrap Up 39 MHz Auction
- 39 GHz Auction Tops $236 Million. // Wireless Week;04/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 17, p1
Focuses on the auctioning of 39 GHz license in the United States by the Federal Communications Commission. Total net bids of the auction; Number of bidders in the auction; Bidding price of WinStar Wireless Fiber Corp.
- 700 MHz sale postponed. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;08/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p1
Informs that the United States Federal Communications Commission delayed the auction of commercial licenses in the 700 MHz band, while proceeding with plans to auction licenses for guard-band managers and proposing service rules for public-safety uses on the same band.
- FCC approves ULS rules. // RCR;09/21/98, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p8
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has approved rules implementing the universal licensing system. Dismissal of 50,000 multiple address system applications; Comments from FCC Chairman Bill Kennard; Proposal by the FCC to redesignate portions of the 18 GHz...
- 746-806 MHz Auction In Motion. // Wireless Week;11/15/99, Vol. 5 Issue 46, p1
Focuses on a report submitted by the United States Federal Communications Commission that sets forth a timetable for the year 2000 auction of licenses. Megahertz range covered by the licenses.
- Market reforms in telecommunications licensing. Barnes, Daniel D. // Administrative Law Review;Fall96, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p439
Presents an analysis of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) auction of Personal Communications Services (PCS) licenses. Status of the telecommunications industry; Problem with the current licensing process; PCS auction as a case study for the use of auctions.
- Local, Long-distance Spar Over LMDS. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;01/31/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p13
Focuses on the move of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to bar telephone and cable providers in holding local point distribution service (LMDS) licenses in their own service areas. Argument raised by US West on the decision; Plans of MCI WorldCom for LMDS spectrum.
- Next PCS auction comes into view, current one lurches along. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;1/2/95, Vol. 228 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the decision of the Federal Communications Commission to auction licenses set aside for small businesses, rural companies and women from April 17, 1995. Details of the auction for licenses in the `A'and `B' blocks.
- Licenses Granted After Five Years. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;01/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p9
Focuses on the petitions granted by the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for SMR licenses of telecommunication companies. Implication of the action of the FCC; Details on the system that will process applications electronically.
- FCC nears completion of 800 MHz SMR auction, license rules. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;10/14/96, Vol. 15 Issue 41, p9
Reports that during October, 1996, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is expected to complete 800 MHz specialized mobile radio (SMR) auction-licensing rules. Who is backing the 800 MHz SMR industry plan; Amount of money raised by Reed Hundt, FCC's chairman from selling wireless...