E-Learning Responds to Fast-Paced Environment
- WEB-BASED SIMULATION: A TOOL FOR TEACHING CRITICAL CARE NURSING. de Fatima Faria Barbosa, Sayonara; de Fatima Mann, Heimar // Revista Latino-Americana de Enfermagem (RLAE);jan/fev2009, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p7
The objectives of this study were to develop, to implement and to evaluate a web-based simulation for critical care nursing, as a tool for teaching nursing students at the undergraduate level. An adapted methodology was used to develop teaching material in a web-based learning environment,...
- Session 3: EDUCATION AND LEARNING: A new way? Critical care education in the future in Austria; a vision. // CONNECT: The World of Critical Care Nursing;2011, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p38
An abstract of the article "A new way? Critical care education in the future in Austria; a vision," by Karin Klas is presented.
- One less hurdle for CCRNs pursuing their BSNs in NY. Ventura, Marissa J. // RN;Jun96, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p11
Reports that the State University of New York at Brockport has waived its six-credit critical care requirement for those who have already passes the critical care registered nursing (CCRN) exam. Comments from associate professor Sheila Myer.
- From chalk to online chat. MANHIRE, KATHY; CRAWFORD, RUTH // Nursing Review (1175-2904);May2011, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p10
A personal narrative is presented which explores the authors' experiences of promoting online nursing education in New Zealand, which has expanded through Nurse Educators Online.
- E-learning goes live for practice nurses. // Australian Nursing Journal;Apr2009, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p7
The article offers information on an electronic-learning package on chronic disease management developed for practice nurses in Australia. The package was designed to support practice nurses and Aboriginal health workers with Medicare item number 10997. It will initially cover asthma, arthritis,...
- Coming to a computer near you: CPD for children's nurses. Cook, Kerry // Paediatric Nursing;Mar2008, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p38
The article focuses on electronic learning (e-learning) postgraduate programmes offered by Coventry University in England for children's nurses. Included in the programmes are examination of the newborn, teenagers and young people with cancer, and congenital cardiothoracic care. Students are...
- Successfully Integrating e-Learning With Critical Care Nursing Education. Jackson, Kathy; King, Kathleen J. // Critical Care Nurse;Feb2005 Supplement, Vol. 25, p36
Focuses on the implementation of the Essentials of Critical Care Orientation (ECCO) program of the American Association of Critical Care Nurses in the education of critical care nurses. Reason for the formation of a critical care consortium in the North Broward Hospital District in Florida;...
- Educating Professionals to Care for Older Adults: Multiple lenses and multiple approaches for multiple disciplines. Lane, Annette M.; Hirst, Sandra P. // Indian Journal of Gerontology;2014, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p445
An introduction is presented in which the editors discuss various reports within the issue on topics including online courses on gerontological nursing, gerontological nursing practice in acute care and mentoring of palliative care staff.
- Education Directory. // Critical Care Nurse;Jun2006, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p78
A directory listing events related to continuing nursing education in the U.S. in 2006 is presented. Pediatric Critical Care Nursing will be offered in Denver, Colorado on September 20-23. Fort Lauderdale, Florida will hold the Wealth of Knowledge 2006 on July 27 and 28. The Quest for Excellence...