Certification Validates Knowledge, Promotes Excellence
- PROFESSIONAL OPPORTUNITIES. // RN;Sep87, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p87
Presents information on professional opportunities for nurses in the U.S. as of September 1987.
- LEGAL POINTERS. // RN;Jan75, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p66
Answers a question on nursing practice in the United States. Right of nurses to establish private practice.
- Men at work: Nursing profession integrates slowly but surely. Sherer, Jill L. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;10/5/94, Vol. 68 Issue 19, p78
Discusses the integration of nursing profession. Statistics on registered male nurses; Prevalence of male in programs for non-nursing college graduates; Reason why more men are going into nursing; Professional bias as the hardest for men in nursing to overcome; Optimism on the male nurses'...
- NURSING NEWS. // RN;Sep78, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p23
Presents an update on nursing practice in the U.S. as of September 1, 1978. Strike of registered nurses at Saint Joseph Hospital in Hazleton, Pennsylvania for continuing education; Details regarding the creation of the Texas Hospital Association; Measurement of the consumer attitudes toward...
- Registered nurses key to good patient outcomes, study finds. Tieman, Jeff // Modern Healthcare;6/3/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 22, p10
Focuses on a study which investigated the role of registered nurses in good patient outcomes in the U.S. Data on supply shortage of registered nurses; Comparison with a related study by the Health Resources and Services Administration of the Department of Health and Human Services published in...
- Advice Of Counsel. // RN;Sep2000, Vol. 63 Issue 9, p90
Answers legal questions of nurses in the United States. Legal options to take when physician is abusive; Meaning of signing off on an order; Liability risks when students practice nursing; CPR on a dead patient.
- ADVICE OF COUNSEL. // RN;Dec88, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p55
Answers legal questions on nursing practice in the U.S. Right of a nurse to refuse telling patients about payment before a surgical operation takes place; Responsibilities of a charge nurse on cases of handing over a problem to a supervisor; Dispensing of medicine when a hospital pharmacy is...
- Profile: An adventurer at nursing's frontiers expands the profession's scope and efficacy. // American Nurse;Sep/Oct2013, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p14
The article profiles nursing profession achiever Rita K. Chow in 2013, who is an American Nurses Association (ANA) member, a co-founder of the Rita K. Chow and Yaye Togasaki-Breitenbach Endowment in 1993, and a nursing director for a federal prison services hospital in Texas.
- The Frances Smith Clinical Excellence Recognition Award. // Florida Nurse;Dec2010, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p12
This article announces the opening of the Frances Smith Clinical Excellence Recognition Award by the Florida Nurses Association (FNA) to all facilities that have supported clinical excellence and the FNA Clinical Excellence Conference for 23 years.