North Dakota Nixes ETC Status
- Western Wireless begins local service in Kansas, Minnesota. // RCR;05/29/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p26
Focuses on Western Wireless Corp.'s launch of a competitive local telephone service in rural communities in Kansas and Minnesota after receiving Eligible Telecommunications Carriers status.
- Telular wins fixed wireless contract. // RCR Wireless News;9/18/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p42
Reports the supply of the Phonecell Fixed Wireless Terminals of Telular Corp. to support the rural telephone programs of Western Wireless Corp. in the United States.
- Rural Carriers Post Smashing Quarter. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;11/01/99, Vol. 5 Issue 44, p32
Reports on the 1999 third quarter financial results of rural cellular carriers in the United States. Net income of Western Wireless Corp. in the period; Impact of Price Cellular's net income growth on its stock price; Comments by Rural Cellular Corp. Chief Financial Officer Wesley Schultz on...
- Western Likely To Win In N.D. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;08/30/99, Vol. 5 Issue 35, p3
Reports that the state of North Dakota is expected to approve the application of Western Wireless Corp. for an `eligible telecommunications carrier' (ETC) status in August 1999. Effect of the anticipated approval; Information on the problems faced by Western in applying for an ETC status in...
- WESTERN WIRELESS TO SELL INTEREST IN ICELANDIC WIRELESS FIRM. // Worldwide Telecom;Dec2002, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the sale of the interest of Western Wireless International Corp. at Icelandic wireless operator Tal hf to Islandssmi hf.
- Western Wireless holds PCS luau. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;3/4/96, Vol. 230 Issue 10, p3
Reports that Western Wireless has developed its first commercial personal communications services in 1996. Name of service; Locations where service was launched.
- Western Wireless Seeks Refinancing. Shaw, Joy C. // Bank Loan Report;04/03/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p1
Reports on the credit facility needed by Bellevue, Washington-based Western Wireless Corp. Banks that are supporting the credit facility; Terms and conditions of the credit facility; Plans for the proceeds from the facility.
- Universal Service Funds: Competition Everywhere? Martinek, Marcia // Wireless Review;04/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p8
Talks about the eligible-telecom-carrier (ETC), a requirement to qualify for the Universal Service Funds. Details on the ETC applications of Western Wireless; How to qualify for an ETC.
- PCS group formed for rural areas. Mason, Charles F. // Telephony;9/6/93, Vol. 225 Issue 10, p18
Reports on the formation of the group Western Wireless Inc. which will focus on personal communication services needs in rural and semirural areas of the Pacific Northwest. Performance of technology and application trials; Member companies; Goal.