NTT's Global Reach
- DoCoMo, KPN Target 1m i-mode Subs in Europe by End of 2003. // J@pan Inc.;Sep2002, Issue 35, p6
Focuses on the strategy of NTT DoCoMo to increase the number of European i-mode subscribers by the end of 2003. Partnership with KPN Mobile NV of the Netherlands and subsidiaries of KPN; Background on the i-mode business of the company; Information on E-Plus, the German KPN partner.
- Alcatel Claims International 3G Demo a Success. Mason, John // Electronic News;5/26/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 21, pN.PAG
Reports on the claims of Alcatel that it successfully participated in the FOMA third-generation (3G) telecommunication system demonstration provided by NTT DoCoMo and KPN Mobile. Advantage of the interoperability of Alcatel's transmission systems and 3G wireless equipment; Characteristics of...
- KPN Mobile to launch i-mode on April 18. // RCR Wireless News;4/8/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p24
Reports on the plan of Hauge, Netherlands-based KPN Mobile to launch mobile data services based on i-mode technology developed by NTT DoCoMo of Japan. Proposed date of the launch; Subscription cost for the cellular service; List of cellular telephone models that are compatible with the technology.
- Late News. // RCR Wireless News;10/2/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 40, p1
Reports on the memorandum of understanding signed by NTT DoCoMo with KPN Mobile. Objective of the deal; Intention of DoCoMo for investing in KPN Mobile; Issues that will be discussed by both companies.
- DoCoMo leads 3G, but minority stakes get lackluster return. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;3/22/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the investment strategy of telecommunication carrier NTT DoCoMo. Investment made by the company in U.S. carrier AT&T Wireless Services Inc. and Hutchison 3G UK Holding Ltd. in 2002; Disadvantage of NTT DoCoMo's decision not to purchase shares in Dutch operator KPN Mobile NV; Number...
- NTT DoCoMo mulls further KPN financing. // RCR Wireless News;11/25/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p16
Reports on the decision of NTT DoCoMo regarding the future of its shares in Dutch operator KPN Mobile, as of November 2002. Background on the initial plan of the company for its KPN shares; Requirement for NTT DoCoMo to maintain its interest in KPN.
- DoCoMo decides against further KPN investment. // RCR Wireless News;12/16/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 50, p15
Reports on the decision of NTT DoCoMo not to purchase shares of KPN Mobile. Stake of NTT in KPN Mobile; Amount of shareholder loans from KPN Telecommunications converted by KPN Mobile into its equity; Reaction of KPN Mobile on the decision of NTT.
- Hutchison 3G U.K. asks for loans. // RCR Wireless News;3/17/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p38
Reports on the funding calls placed by Hutchison 3G UK, which is in the process of a phased third-generation wireless service in Great Britain, to equity partners NTT DoCoMo Inc. and KPN Mobile for commitments to provide additional funding through shareholder loans as of March 17, 2003. Amount...
- Trio allies for European 3G licenses. Wendelken, Sandra // RCR;07/17/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 29, p32
Reports on NTT DoCoMo's agreement with Hutchison Whampoa and KPN Mobile to cooperate on European third-generation mobile networks.