Staffing a Successful Planning Practice
- The Role of Human Resource Management in the Cooperative Strategy Process. Lajara, Bartolom� Marco; Lillo, Francisco Garcia; Sempere, Vicente Sabater // Human Resource Planning;2002, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p34
Strategic alliances can help a firm maintain and improve its level of competitiveness But cooperative agreements often fail because problems affecting joint operations are managed inadequately. This article analyzes the role played by such variables as the management and leadership system,...
- UCDC strives to bring variables of workforce development together. Straub Jr., Chester J. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;1/28/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 22, p4
Discusses the factors to consider in making business expansion decisions in New York. Benefits of a well-trained workforce; Establishment of the Workforce Development Board to identify training needs; Number of programs offered on workforce development.
- HR directors must be part of the 'top team'. Connolly, John // Personnel Today;7/9/2002, p21
Comments on the significance of Human Resource (HR) directors to company strategic agenda. Need to intensify the commercial function of HR; Significance of human performance for global competitiveness; Requirements needed to manifest the importance of HR in business.
- What about a human resources strategy? Hannaway, Conor // Accountancy Ireland;Feb1997, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p17
Discusses the importance of a strategically-planned human resource strategy as part of a firm's overall business strategy. Danger of down-sizing; Distinction between human resource strategies such as innovation, quality improvement and cost reduction; Case analysis on McDonald's Corp.
- STRATEGIC HUMAN RESOURCE PLANNING: HOW TO SUCCEED. Hill, A. Walton // Management Review;Nov86, Vol. 75 Issue 11, p59
Discusses the ins and outs of strategic human resource planning. Philosophy of strategic human resource planning and the policies with which to approach it; How to organize and systematize strategic human resource planning; Incorporation into practical management methods, techniques and tools.
- Ten for talent. // Velocity;2012, Vol. 14 Issue 3/4, p4
A list of the ten critical components of managing and developing talents is presented including creating individual development plans, testing candidates in three dimensions and re-evaluating top talent yearly.
- Employee relations. // People Management;10/23/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 21, p12
Provides brief information on personnel and employee management issues in several companies in Great Britain. Programme outlined by Padraig Flynn, a social affairs commissioner; Launching of guides for small firms from Acas, the conciliation service; Approach used by businesses in the...
- THE EDITOR. Carter, Debbie // Training Journal;Sep2008, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one about the study entitled "People Advantage: How to Address HR Challenges Worldwide Through 2015," and another on various concerns related to changing agendas in business.
- Three Factors of Successful Work Force Planning. Woodward, James W. // Journal of Government Financial Management;Fall2001, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p36
Elaborates the factors for successful work force planning. Strategic work force planning; Identification of organizational business functions; Establishment of prospective requirements for the work force based on workload and work force demographic goals; Assessment of the organization's work...