Staffing a Successful Planning Practice
- The Role of Human Resource Management in the Cooperative Strategy Process. Lajara, Bartolom� Marco; Lillo, Francisco Garcia; Sempere, Vicente Sabater // Human Resource Planning;2002, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p34
Strategic alliances can help a firm maintain and improve its level of competitiveness But cooperative agreements often fail because problems affecting joint operations are managed inadequately. This article analyzes the role played by such variables as the management and leadership system,...
- HR directors must be part of the 'top team'. Connolly, John // Personnel Today;7/9/2002, p21
Comments on the significance of Human Resource (HR) directors to company strategic agenda. Need to intensify the commercial function of HR; Significance of human performance for global competitiveness; Requirements needed to manifest the importance of HR in business.
- STRATEGIC HUMAN RESOURCE PLANNING: HOW TO SUCCEED. Hill, A. Walton // Management Review;Nov86, Vol. 75 Issue 11, p59
Discusses the ins and outs of strategic human resource planning. Philosophy of strategic human resource planning and the policies with which to approach it; How to organize and systematize strategic human resource planning; Incorporation into practical management methods, techniques and tools.
- Ten for talent. // Velocity;2012, Vol. 14 Issue 3/4, p4
A list of the ten critical components of managing and developing talents is presented including creating individual development plans, testing candidates in three dimensions and re-evaluating top talent yearly.
- Employee relations. // People Management;10/23/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 21, p12
Provides brief information on personnel and employee management issues in several companies in Great Britain. Programme outlined by Padraig Flynn, a social affairs commissioner; Launching of guides for small firms from Acas, the conciliation service; Approach used by businesses in the...
- THE EDITOR. Carter, Debbie // Training Journal;Sep2008, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one about the study entitled "People Advantage: How to Address HR Challenges Worldwide Through 2015," and another on various concerns related to changing agendas in business.
- Mega Group gearing up to grow under Graydon. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;10/15/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p58
Reports on the assembly of a senior management team under appointed President and Chief Executive Officer Michael Graydon by buying company Mega Group in Canada. Purpose of the team assembly; Recruitment of seasoned merchants for management positions; Plans of Graydon on the point-of-sale system.
- Aligning HR to the business. // Personnel Today;11/5/2002, p19
Focuses on the areas that human resource (HR) must address when aligning their HR strategy to business objectives. Involvement of HR in decisions on corporate strategy; Role of HR in general business activities of the government; Development of HR strategy that complements corporate planning.
- Toward a better system of human resource planning. Lopez, Felix M. // Advanced Management Journal (03621863);Spring81, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p4
Deals with the need to implement a system of human resource planning which is an integral part of the company's strategic planning. Element of corporate planning; Basic elements of human resource planning; Anchoring points of a human resource planning model.