Tax Strategies for Financing Higher Education
- MONEY OUT. Rosato, Donna // Money;Feb2007, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p24
The article presents advice to consumers who want to get tax savings from their flexible spending healthcare account (FSA). Consumers are advised to spend their money in the account by a certain date or risk losing it, and begin drawing on the money in their FSA as soon as possible at the start...
- What the Money Is Notï¿½. Wagner, Richard B. // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p36
Presents a dialogue regarding financial planning. Definition of what money is not; Issues in retirement.
- Values-Based Planning: Seeing the Whole Client, Part II. Arnzen, Kris // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p84
Part II. Discusses value-based financial planning. Tools needed for attaining financial objectives; Information on the Family Philanthropic Philosophy; Traditional approach to designing an estate plan.
- Nobody Told You About the Big Bucks?... // Journal of Financial Planning;May2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p28
Comments on the migration of certified public accountants in the United States into financial planning. Services offered by accountants.
- The communication gap. // Finance Week;05/25/2001, p42
Reports on the inverse relationship between affluence and confidence in personal financial planning. Wealthy people's difficulties in dealing with their investments.
- The Value of Advisors. Ruth, James P. // Advisor Today;Feb2002, Vol. 97 Issue 2, p20
Discusses some of the few important questions that people should answer as they approach their retirement age. Social security; Retirement plans; Asset allocation.
- 10 Ways to Make Your Money Grow. Loeb, Marshall // ABA Journal;Mar86 Supplement, Vol. 72, p12
Presents tips on retirement planning. Opening of individual retirement and Keogh accounts; Taking full advantage of tax-saving opportunities; Maintaining liquid savings; Keeping an up-to-date will.
- Start now to get year-end savings. Loeb, Marshall // Business News New Jersey;10/19/98, Vol. 11 Issue 37, p27
Offers advice on how to reduce tax bills. Investment in Individual Retirement Account; Investment in Keogh Plan; Tips on how to increase tax deductions; Sale of underperforming stocks.
- Women still lag in planning their financial futures. M.G. // Christian Science Monitor;11/13/97, Vol. 89 Issue 244, p10
Focuses on the necessity of financial planning by women for their retirement years. Danger of reliance on Social Security as a primary retirement income; Numbers of women at risk of impoverishment; Suggestions for taking control of finances.