Population Trends and Investing: What Effect Do Baby Boomers Have?
- Baby boomers at `Middle-Youth' McGuinness, Kevin // Futurist;May/Jun97, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p9
Discusses the appeal to business of the sudden increase in the birth rate generation. Comments of Cheryl Russel on the influence of age structure population; Ages of the baby boomers born between 1946 and 1964; How the transition of the generation to middle age will be unlike that of any...
- MAKING NEST EGGS LAST. Quinn, Jane Bryant; Ehrenfeld, Temma // Newsweek;6/20/2005, Vol. 145 Issue 25, p65
Offers advice for managing investments and retirement finances. Efforts of older Americans to maintain financial stability after retirement; Financial status of investors in the baby boom generation; Recommendations for selecting mutual funds; Importance of seeking investment advice and...
- You Talkin' to Me? Brazil, Jeff // American Demographics;Dec98, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p54
Reports that despite the ever-expanding grandparent market, companies that make and sell products and services for kids still have not caught on. 1997 average spending of grandparents on their grandchildren; Estimated annual expenditures of baby boomers; Spending on advertisements of toys and...
- Welcome to your declining years, boomers. Dolliver, Mark // Adweek Western Edition;2/5/96, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p24
Presents forecasts of Barry Feig, president of the Center for Product Success in Sandia Mountains, New Mexico, regarding the baby boom generation in the United States. Renewed attachment to comfort programming; Types of products preferred by baby boomers.
- 'Beyond 50' report challenges traditional retirement conceptions. West, Diane // Drug Store News;6/25/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p88
Presents information on the report by the American Association of Retired Persons entitled `Beyond 50--A Report to the Nation on Economic Security.' What is becoming the central point to ensuring financial stability among the 50-plus group; Classification of the 50-plus population; Web site for...
- Baby boomers set to steer the market. // Chain Drug Review;11/22/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 20, p49
The article presents a report by Nielsen Co. stating the impacts of the baby boomers to future of the U.S. markets.
- Books, cooked D.C. style. Sloan, Allan; Thomas, Rich // Newsweek;2/16/1998, Vol. 131 Issue 7, p42
Focuses on the proposal by President Clinton in the 1998 State of the Union Address to save the United States Social Security program by borrowing from the trust-fund money. The issue of preparing for the retirement of baby boomers and the effect on the federal debt; Discussion of the...
- Procrasti-nation, again. // Christian Science Monitor;7/25/97, Vol. 89 Issue 168, p20
Opinion. Discusses the impact of the baby boomers on the economy of the United States in 1997. Demographics showing the impact the boomers will have when they retire; The apparent procrastination of the government in dealing with important issues like Medicare and Social Security; The...
- Vehicle Choice in an Aging Population: Some insights from a Stated Preference Survey for California. Kavalec, Chris // Energy Journal;1999, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p123
Discusses a study that investigated the potential effects that an aging baby boomer generation will have on gasoline use through their vehicle choice decisions. Related work; Input data; Estimation and results; Conclusion.