Getting `Real' with Health Care
- Product developers put life ins. on front burner in '93. Koco, Linda // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;12/27/93-1/3/94, Vol. 97-98 Issue 52-1, p23
Reports that insurance product developers prioritized life insurance in 1993. Level term plans; Premium guarantees; Universal life; Variable universal life; Health insurance products.
- Insurers React to ACA. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Nov2010, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p14
The article focuses on the reaction of insurers to the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and announce that they would stop selling child-only insurance policies because insuring children with preexisting medical conditions would be prohibitively expensive in the U.S.
- Health-insurance tool won't replace brokers, insurance professionals say. Seltzer, Rick // Business Journal (Central New York);12/2/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 48, p9
The article presents the criticisms of insurance professionals in the U.S. regarding the lack of important information of the tool of the website www.HealthCare.gov which aims to allow small-business owners to compare health insurance plans.
- Health Insurance Open Enrollment for 2014. // AAA Carolinas Go Magazine;Mar/Apr2014, Vol. 92 Issue 2, p8
The article offers information on the enrollment for the 2014 health insurance in the U.S. through the Federal Marketplace, which will be open from October 1, 2013 through March 31, 2014.
- Employer-based plans have their faults, too, survey results show. // AHA News;02/21/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p4
Focuses on a survey concerning the preference for employer-based health insurance in the United States. Results of the survey; Status of the changing of health insurance policy of employers.
- Medicare Annual Election Period is in Full Swing. // AAA Carolinas Go Magazine;Nov/Dec2013, Vol. 91 Issue 6, p10
The article announces that the Annual Enrollment Period to change existing Medicare coverage will start on October 15, 2013 through December 7, 2013.
- Are you sure your insurance will cover the cost of having a baby? Quint, Barbara Gilder // Glamour;Sep94, Vol. 92 Issue 9, p156
Presents questions regarding one's health insurance policy. Coverage; Pregnancy as a pre-existing condition; Plan prerequisites; Amount of time allowed to stay in the hospital.
- Health plans handle impaired risk several ways. Chartier, Gary // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;11/11/96, Vol. 100 Issue 46, p16
Focuses on health insurance products classified as impaired or substandard risks. Description of the insured whose policies fall into these classifications; Examination of these policies; Information on the open enrollment period that does away with the underwriting process in Medicare...
- Enslavement by Health Insurance (Op-ed offering). Amerling, Richard // Insurance Advocate;9/17/2010, Vol. 121 Issue 15, p40
In this article, the author discusses what he perceives are aspects of enslavement of some employees over health insurance in the U.S. He says that employees with chronic health issues may be reluctant to leave a job with a health plan, particularly if they have relationships with hospitals and...