Do the Cobbler's Kids Have Shoes? Thirteen Questions
- Enough and Beyond: Getting Past 'More'. Wagner, Richard B. // Journal of Financial Planning;May2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p50
Explores issues involved in determining the goals and objectives of a financial planner's client. Alternatives to the more process; Levels of the hierarchy of needs; Importance of accentuating the personal relationship portions of traditional financial planning.
- Instant planning. Richards, E. Gordon // CA Magazine;Sep94, Vol. 127 Issue 7, p57
Discusses the importance of comprehensive financial planning. Business opportunity for chartered accountants; Delivering of financial services within clients' cost constraints; Advantages of computerized comprehensive financial plans; Requirements for the preparation of a computerized...
- Freedom to choose. Davidson, Ian // CA Magazine;May2000, Vol. 133 Issue 4, p44
Discusses the basics of financial planning and topics the financial planner should include in a client's plan. Aspect of financial planning; Benefits of financial planning; Role of a financial planner.
- No easy way to figure your retirement income. Israelov, Rhoda // Indianapolis Business Journal;08/21/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p36
Presents advice on how to come up with a financial plan for retirement. Influence of investment choices on decision-making; Need for discussions with a financial planner; Advantages of the Roth individual retirement account (IRA); Payment of taxes on conversion of traditional IRA to a Roth IRA.
- Credit Where It's Due. Woodville, Louisa // Financial Planning;May2003, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p110
Suggests that financial planners should also devise strategies to manage the debt of their clients. Consequence of poor credit scores; Details of the planner's task of managing debt; Importance of the accuracy of credit reports. INSET: A Loss of Self.
- Tools of the trade. Sangha, Sim // Money Marketing;2/24/2011, p58
The article reports on the emergence of personal financial management (PFM) tools which is set to alter the way traditional financial advice in Great Britain in 2011. It states that PFM tools help advisory firms solve a problem while remaining relevant to the everyday lives of the people and...
- Retirement planning --- preparing for your biggest vacation. Turner, Rebecca D. // Fort Worth Business Press;5/9/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p28
Focuses on retirement planning in the U.S. Assistance of a financial professional in building a retirement plan; Key components or phases of retirement planning.
- CE Quiz. // Financial Planning;May2004, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p134
Presents a quiz on financial planning.
- Getting Started. Levine, Evan M. // Advisor Today;Jul2003, Vol. 98 Issue 7, p20
Discusses techniques which a financial advisor can use to ensure that the client's financial goals are met. Organization of information on client's personal income and expenses; Analysis of the college education funding options for tuition, room and board and expenses; Need to help the client...