This Month in
- The difference between NASDAQ and NYSE. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;01/05/98, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p11
Points out the difference between the Nasdaq Stock Market and the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). How trading is conducted at the NYSE; Nasdaq Stock Market's structure of competing market-makers.
- Heated exchange. Leander, Ellen // Treasury & Risk Management;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p30
Provides information on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), and the National Association of Securities Dealers' Automated Quotation (NASDAQ) market. Indication that the stock exchanges maintain that they are still the most efficient low-cost way to tap investor funds; Comments from Mark...
- Top US equity exchanges grow market share in February. Henderson, Richard // Ai Trade News;2014, p1
The article reports on the expansion of trading share of the top three U.S. equity exchange operators such as New York Stock Exchange, BATS Global Markets Inc., and Nasdaq in February 2014. It says that New York Stock Exchange traded 24.29% of U.S. equities with U.S. $1,158.65 billion in value...
- NYSE edges forth in March volumes. Henderson, Richard // Ai Trade News;2014, p1
The article reports on the increase of U.S. equities executed by New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) from 21.3% in February 2014 to 22.68% in March 2014. Thomson Reuters Equity Market Share reports that NYSE's two order books gained 22.68% of volume traded with 29.15 billion shares traded. Meanwhile,...
- Rivarly Turns Nasty Over Execution Study. Bresiger, Gregory // Traders Magazine;Sep2001, Vol. 14 Issue 187, p22
Reports on the rivalry between Nasdaq and the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) over measured spreads and execution standards in April 2001. Contention of NYSE on Nasdaq's study of measured spreads; Reasons the Nasdaq study is skewed, according to NYSE officials; How Nasdaq officials described...
- Rule change sparks exchange of fire. Birger, John // Crain's New York Business;11/24/97, Vol. 13 Issue 47, p1
Deals with the competition between the Nasdaq Stock Market and the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) as a result of the change of NYSE's Rule 500. Effect of the ammendment of the NYSE's Rule 500; Criticism about the Rule 500.
- Shifting to One World, One Exchange? Berniker, Mark; Johnson, Mark; Okin, Harvey // Global Finance;Feb2001, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p24
Discusses the effects of technological innovations on stock exchanges. Investments of the New York Stock Exchange and NASDAQ into technology; Benefits of an integrated stock exchange to investors.
- China Snapback Fuels Rally. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;7/10/2015, pA01
1 Top U.S. indexes rebounded after Chinese stocks rallied sharply overnight. Volume was lower on both the NYSE and the Nasdaq exchanges. The Nasdaq finished up 0.3%, but had climbed 1.5% early in the day. The S&P 500 and the Dow both rose 0.2%. The yield on the 10-year Treasury note rose 13...
- Exchanges Request Charges To Day-Trading Rules. Weisul, Kimberly // Inter@ctive Week;02/07/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p14
Reports on the changes being requested by the New York Stock Exchange and the Nasdaq stock market concerning day-trading rules. Requested minimum balance for traders; Provisions of the rules pertaining to brokerage access; Other details of the proposals.