Medigap Insurance Lacking
- BY THE NUMBERS ï¿½ INSURERS/MANAGED CARE. // Modern Healthcare;12/24/2007 Supplement, Vol. 37, p40
The article presents statistics related to health insurance and managed care in the U.S., including changes in health insurance premiums, percentage of insurance companies offering consumer-driven health plans and enrollment in Medicare Advantage plans.
- OPINION. // Crain's Detroit Business;4/14/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 15, p0008
The author comments on the release of Medicare data on April 2014 which shows 77 billion U.S. dollars in Medicare payments to doctors, drug-testing companies and others. The document shows that a Florida ophthalmologist who has been found to have overbilled Medicare in the past, got the top...
- How to Find Medicare Law. Zahabizadeh, Sidney // Bifocal;Sep/Oct2016, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p12
The article reports that medicare offers health insurance for persons age 65 and older and persons eligible for Social Security Disability benefits for 24 months or more. Medicare Part B covers physician services, some preventative services, ambulance services, and durable medical equipment....
- Health insurance and the elderly: Data from MCBS. Chulis, George S.; Eppig, Franklin J. // Health Care Financing Review;Spring93, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p163
Shows the supplemental insurance distribution and Medicare spending per capita by insurance status for elderly persons in 1991. Medicare Current Beneficiary Survey; Sociodemographic characteristics and supplemental insurance coverage.
- Taking the pulse of the public health-care sector. Kibbe, Cindy // New Hampshire Business Review;9/11/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p1
The article reports on the survey concerning the coverage of the federal Medicare program in New Hampshire. It cites a study which found that over 64% of the state's residents are covered by employer-based private insurance. It talks on the significant role played by government agencies in the...
- Medicaid Programs Drowning in Backlog. Ornstein, Charles // Pro Publica;4/1/2014, p26
The article reports on the immersion of Medicaid program reservation in U.S. states. It reflects on the expansion of Medicaid programs wherein hundreds of thousands of qualified consumers are not getting the coverage. According to "Chicago Tribune" newspaper that there was a backlog of more than...
- Hospital Selling Prices Leap in October. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jan2004, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p25
Reports the increased nongovernmental payments to general medical and surgical hospitals in the U.S. Increment of payments for Medicare patients; Rate increase of the October 2003 Produce Price Index; Advantage of the increased selling prices for the healthcare industry.
- SNAPSHOT. // Modern Healthcare;12/21/2009 Supplement, p44
The article presents statistics on healthcare topics including the percentage of Americans who are prepared to accept limits on Medicare reimbursements to help cover the cost of healthcare reform, the percentage increase on Medicare enrollments to be expected from 2008 to 2017 with the...
- NOW SHOWING Facts & Figures. // HomeCare Magazine;Jul2004, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p22
The article presents some hard evidence of medical equipment industry. Medicare's rising expenditures for K0011 wheelchairs and a sharp decrease in the issuance of new supplier numbers show both the practical cause and effect of Centres for Medicare and Medicaid services' operation wheeler...