Nobody Told You About the Big Bucks?
- Adding value. Rayball, James // Ohio CPA Journal;Dec94, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p9
Discusses personal financial planning as an area into which certified public accountants should expand. Levels of involvement; Myths concerning financial planning; Process of self education; Resources; Compensation issues; Qualifications.
- Investment planning: The broker/dealer factor. Kahan, Stuart // Practical Accountant;Jan99, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p34
Discusses how accountants can help their clients implement their financial planning recommendations. Referral of clients to full-time financial planner or broker/dealer; Value of independent turnkey operations; Provision of support services; Growing involvement of accounting firms in the...
- Avoid getting gored by investment clients. Stimpson, Jeff // Practical Accountant;Mar99, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p29
Focuses on strategies for accountants to reduce exposure to malpractice complaints of personal financial planning (PFP) clients. Assessment of high-risk clients; Recommendation of documenting all transactions; Suggestion to bring other professionals to assist in PFP services.
- Personal financial planning: Bankrolling the future. Miller-Segarra, Tracey; Klein, Melissa // Practical Accountant;Jan99, Vol. 32 Issue 1, pSR-1
Profiles four accountants with successful personal financial planning practices in the United States. California's Susan Kendall; Colorado's Irv Rothenberg; Thomas Kirk in Florida; Anal Rothstein of Connecticut.
- When Estate Planning, Dig Deeper Than a Seminar. Chamberlain, George // San Diego Business Journal;04/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p20
Replies to personal finance-related inquiries in California. Tips in the selection of a lawyer who will perform estate planning; Changes in the laws regarding minor custodial accounts.
- Conversions to Roth IRAs are reversible. Israelov, Rhoda // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/9/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p51
Answers questions about personal financial planning as of April 9, 2001. Reversibility of Roth individual retirement account conversions; Online checking of a stockbrokerage account.
- New Year's resolution: The Roth IRA. Baumer, Dick // DollarSense;Winter98, p8
Evaluates the need to covert regular (individual retirement accounts) IRAs into Roth IRA which was made possible through the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997. Financial considerations on taxation under Roth IRA; Advice on the conversion of existing IRAs; Terms and conditions of Roth IRAs. INSET:...
- Finding Your Way in Your New Career. Zaydon, Michael A. // Pennsylvania CPA Journal;Summer2013, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p26
The article offers suggestions for certified public accountants (CPAs) for adjusting to their new career. It states that one should learn to plan his day in advance and prioritize work as days are expected to get busier. It mentions that with regular flow of money one should manage his money...
- Choose the Right Money Man. // Men's Health;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p30
Presents financial planning advice. Description of a good financial planner, accountant and stockbroker to help deal with investments; Fees charged by each.