Joint contracture following prolonged stay in the intensive care unit
- Resuming Restorative Care. Bonn, Karen L. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Jun99, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p72
Deals with the prevention and management of contractures by nurses. Stages of a contracture; Measuring device for contractures; Importance of charting contractures.
- Contractures apparent result of Alzheimer's disease. Souren, Linduin E.M.; Franssen, Emile H. // Brown University Long-Term Care Quality Letter;8/28/95, Vol. 7 Issue 16, p8
Reports on the strong indication that contractures are symptoms of Alzheimer's disease. Frequency and severity of contractures in worse dementia patients; Research conducted on Alzheimer's disease patients; Notice on mobility loss as a late-stage development of the disease; Preventability of...
- PREVENTING CONTRACTURES: The little 'extras' that help so much. Getz, Patsy A.; Blossom, Bonnie M. // RN;Dec82, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p44
Provides tips on the prevention of contracture. Information on progressive mobilization; Measures that can be used to prevent contractures in difficult cases; Treatment for peroneal nerve paralysis. INSET: POSITIONING: PASSIVE TECHNIQUES FOR PREVENTING CONTRACTURES.
- Prognosis and early management of birth injuries to the brachial plexus. Bennet, George C.; Harrold, A.J. // British Medical Journal;6/19/1976, Vol. 1 Issue 6024, p1520
Presents prognosis of birth injuries to the branchial plexus. Identification of obstetric complications; Application of reconstructive procedures; Prevention on the development of contractures.
- CONSULT STAT. Moore, Amy Slugg // RN;Mar2000, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p75
Presents advice to nurses in the United States with regards to patient care. Includes the technique for preventing contractures in the foot in geriatric patients; Need to educate patients on how to interpret medical news; Technique for opening a clogged catheter.
- Acrylic Hollow Vaginal Stent In A Case Of Meyer - Rokitansky - Kuster - Hauser Syndrome. Ramachandran, Sajani; Mathew, Agnes; Ranukumari // Indian Journal of Dental Sciences;Dec2013, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p86
Meyer -Rokitansky- Kuster -Hauser syndrome is associated with the congenital absence of uterus and vagina. In this condition a neovagina is created with modified Mc Indoe's method. The tissues surrounding the neovagina are pushed aside during dissection and these tissues will attempt to move...
- SHADE: A Shape-Memory-Activated Device Promoting Ankle Dorsiflexion. Pittaccio, S.; Viscuso, S.; Rossini, M.; Magoni, L.; Pirovano, S.; Villa, E.; Besseghini, S.; Molteni, F. // Journal of Materials Engineering & Performance;Oct2009, Vol. 18 Issue 5/6, p824
Acute post-stroke rehabilitation protocols include passive mobilization as a means to prevent contractures. A device (SHADE) that provides repetitive passive motion to a flaccid ankle by using shape memory alloy actuators could be of great help in providing this treatment. A suitable actuator...
- On "Effectiveness of stretch for the treatment and prevention of contractures..." Weppler, Cynthia // Physical Therapy;Apr2012, Vol. 92 Issue 4, p627
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Effectiveness of Stretch for the Treatment and Prevention of Contractures in People With Neurological Conditions: A Systemic Review," by O. M. Katalinic and colleagues in a 2011 issue.
- On "Effectiveness of stretch for the treatment and prevention of contractures..."...with author reply. Weppler, Cynthia; Katalinic, Owen M.; Harvey, Lisa A.; Herbert, Robert D. // Physical Therapy;Apr2011, Vol. 91 Issue 4, p590
The article presents a commentary on the article "Effectiveness of Stretch for the Treatment and Prevention of Contractures in People With Neurological Conditions: A Systemic Review," by O. M. Katalinic and colleagues. It points out that the conclusion of the article is broad but its supporting...