News @ a glance
- Grants Supporting Health Programs for Hawai'i and Pacific Islands at the John A. Burns School of Medicine. Takayama, Gregg // Hawaii Medical Journal;Jan2007, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p16
The article announces federal grants awarded to John A. Burns School of Medicine (JABSOM) to support health programs for Hawai'i and the Pacific Islands, including the Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA) from the National Institutes of Health, the U.S. Health Resources Service...
- Medical Students Selected to Train in Applied Epidemiology
at Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. // Ascribe Newswire: Medicine;5/4/2004, p70
Eight medical students have been selected to participate in the first-ever fellowship program for physicians-in-training at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The year-long fellowship will combine classroom instruction in epidemiology and biostatistics with hands-on field...
- GRANTS. // Health Affairs;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p235
Presents updates on health care grants in the U.S. compiled as of July 2003. Grant to the Harvard Medical School's Center for Health and the Global Environment; Robert Wood Johnson's grant to improve results of consumers' online searches for health information; National Alliance for Hispanic...
- GRANT OUTCOMES. // Health Affairs;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p237
Presents outcomes of health care projects which received grants in the U.S. compiled as of July 2003. Research on acupuncture in California; Survey on health care costs; Expansion of health insurance.
- Health services give ...40m assistance. // Public Finance;02/26/99, p12
Reports on the allocation of funds to health authorities in Great Britain for their rationalization and modernization programs. Lion's share of the special assistance funds to the Leeds health authority; Other recipients of the funds.
- Biomedical Division Grant Funds Hospital Study. // Quality Progress;Aug2003, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p19
Reports on the American Society for Quality Biomedical Division's grant for the project to study and redesign a neonatal transport system.
- Iroquois Healthcare gets $13.3 million for work force efforts. // AHA News;11/5/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 44, p8
Reports on the grant received by the Iroquois Healthcare Alliance from New York State for work force efforts in 2001. Value of the grant; Programs supported by the grant.
- Putting off the tough choices. Sloane, Todd // Modern Healthcare;2/12/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p18
The author comments on the 2008 health care budget proposed by U.S. President George W. Bush. He stresses that expanding access to care is as important as the need to revolutionize the way the healthcare system is organized and provides care. The budget seeks the elimination of the Preventive...
- PV plans not put in place before GF funding proposals. // Reactions Weekly;11/13/2010, Issue 1327, p6
The article highlights the findings of researchers from the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GF) on the failure of countries applying for GF grants to include pharmacovigilance (PV) in their funding proposals.